I got my camera board yesterday. I think that something is not right with it. Every time I run raspivid -o video.h264 or raspistill -o test.jpg nothing happens besides the red led light turning on and never going off again. It only turns off when i reboot. In terminal I have to aboard the programm with STRG+C there is no output at all.
I have tried the following so far:
1) reseating the cable on both ends multiple times
2) disable/enable of the camera via raspi-config and rebooting
3) Updated via apt-get update and apt-get upgrade
4) Updated via rpi-update
5) Used 2A 5V AC adapter for power
6) Tried GUI and SSH
7) Formatted and started over 2x with NOOBS
8) Reseated sunny cable
Can anybody help me please, the camera is brand new it is rev. 1.3. I was waiting very long for it an now it seems broken. Am I doing something wrong??? What does the red light mean anyway?