mypifi

script to do the following:

Sat May 25, 2013 6:41 pm

ive tried to write a script but not good at it, im wanting to do the following:

1. start up on booting as i would like to run this off a battery pack outside.
2. take pictures at 15 second intervals.

the other problem i see is if the battery cuts out that it doesnt shutdown properly.

could anyone help get me started, preferably in python?

many thanks in advance.

babbage

Re: script to do the following:

Sat May 25, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi There,

Although not python, have a look at this, I have successfully used it to create a couple of time lapse videos. Look in the comments for additional information.

http://designspark.com/blog/time-lapse- ... -pi-camera

Steve

mypifi

Sat May 25, 2013 6:56 pm

thanks steve i did look at that, but couldnt see where i save the script.

babbage

Sat May 25, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi there,

that's why I advised looking at the comments, the first one by Solitaire says
Save the script text in /home/pi/
:D

There is also a *lot* of information in that comment that got me started - have a read through that as well as the main post and you should be good to go ! (Being a bit of a noob, that comment by solitaire is as important as the original post I found)

Steve

mypifi

Sat May 25, 2013 9:17 pm

Thanks Steve, although it didn't like saving the file I shortened it to just time and saves well. Will give this a go over coming days to see how it goes could be an ideal thing for getting that special pic once set up well enough :)

babbage

Sun May 26, 2013 11:27 am

Hello, remembering back, I think I had to amend the command to save just the date, otherwise it seems to save with a prefix of a '-' which nothing seems to like to deal with, I think it takes it as a command line option.
Sorry, I should have mentioned that, forgot about it last night. I think I may have also had to chmod the directory it was saving to.
I created this one yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0az7hRZjI_c
As you are probably aware, the camera also has a timelapse option built into the raspistill command and I have also used that as well. You could easily build that into a small python script if it needs to be in Python. :-)
I think I can quite easily say this is one of the best £20 I have ever spent !
Steve

mypifi

Wed May 29, 2013 11:47 pm

hi steve how do i get the filename to save without the "-" as ive noticed that too? also how would i do a horizontal flip as the timelapse is the wrong way round like im viewing it through a mirror and the drive to work today timelapse i did looked awful mirrored (looking like im driving on the right when im on the left).

Ive done my timelapse dawn to dusk too, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkQLOPKUtE8

Return to “Camera board”