jbeale

Re: Mechanical data

Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:32 pm

RaspISteve wrote:it would appear that the lens axis is just off line from the adjacent mounting holes.
I suspect they are not intended as mounting holes for the end-user; rather they match alignment pins on the ATE (automated test equipment). The two holes on the current R-Pi boards, as I recall, are also primarily pin-locating holes for manufacturing. In both cases, there are board features (internal traces and/or SMT parts) too close to the holes to really safely use them for conventional screw & nut mounting hardware, although many people do it anyway. As pointed out, the actual camera module to PCB attachement is double-sided sticky tape, or equivalent.

SteveGP14

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:48 pm

sharix wrote:How much of the board can be cut off? I'm pretty sure about the green areas, yellow needs confirming.
There are two large golden pads on the sides of the ribbon connector which can probably be cut to a smaller size, and at the right end there are two small holes which I don't know if they have any purpose.
See image:
Would this be of interest?

sharix

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:16 pm

Nice. I don't need to cut the board anymore because I found a different solution, but it seems that it should be possible.

FrinGOe

Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:20 am

Just a head's up for people who may be interested, we've made measurements of the Raspberry Pi NoIR camera module Rev 1.3 and they can be found here: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... 3&t=106438
FrinGOe: Spectrometer on the GO!
Turning the Raspberry Pi into a spectrometer at www.fringoe.com

trangomike

Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:23 pm

Forgive what is probably a naive question: Is it possible to extend the flex cable between the actual sensor board and the module board? Are there any specifications on the type of cable used? I need a more linear form factor for my application, so i either need to off set the camera sensor or redesign the board.

Thanks

DougieLawson

Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:28 pm

I bought a 30cm camera cable from eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141280713876
Microprocessor, Raspberry Pi & Arduino Hacker
Mainframe database troubleshooter
MQTT Evangelist
Twitter: @DougieLawson

2012-18: 1B*5, 2B*2, B+, A+, Z, ZW, 3Bs*3, 3B+

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

Return to “Camera board”