FleaBit

Camera not showing in config

Sat May 18, 2013 4:41 pm

Greetings! Model B user, downloaded the latest version of the OS this morning, went through the instructions, did the following :

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

rebooted

Expanded FS

rebooted

Doesn't show the camera as an option in the configuration when it reboots. I've formatted the SD card 3 times now and started from scratch, and I can't get it to show the camera as an option. It's plugged in the right direction, it's all been handled very carefully. I did get some errors on an update, telling me that it failed to contact InRelease on a number of things.

Any suggestions on how to get through this?

texy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Camera not showing in config

Sat May 18, 2013 4:58 pm

Hi,
there should be an option in raspi-config to update itself. Try that option and the camera enable/disable should then be present.

Texy
Various male/female 40- and 26-way GPIO header for sale here ( IDEAL FOR YOUR PiZero ):
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=147682#p971555

FleaBit

Sat May 18, 2013 6:09 pm

Tried that too, doesn't make it appear.

FleaBit

Sat May 18, 2013 8:49 pm

Solved it! I have 2 PNY SD cards and 2 Pi's, and I swapped them all around and still couldn't get it to work. Went and found a card that was on the "approved" list, formatted it, loaded the OS, put it in, and it worked the first time. It's a lot faster now too. I didn't give the Pi much credit because it was so slow on everything I tried, now I see it was all related to the SD cards.

Life is MUCH better now! Plus, I have a camera working!

Return to “Camera board”