poing

White cardboard box of PiCamera too weak

Thu May 16, 2013 2:29 pm

I received my PiCamera today. Very happy, but the white cardboard box (inside a bubble-envelope) was crushed by UPS. Therefore the ribbon cable had a sharp nick when it came out of the box.

It's working fine, but the cable is weakened at that spot. My suggestion is to either use a better box or put something round in the bend of the cable.

fbutler

Re: White cardboard box of PiCamera too weak

Thu May 16, 2013 2:53 pm

poing wrote:I received my PiCamera today. Very happy, but the white cardboard box (inside a bubble-envelope) was crushed by UPS. Therefore the ribbon cable had a sharp nick when it came out of the box.

It's working fine, but the cable is weakened at that spot. My suggestion is to either use a better box or put something round in the bend of the cable.
If you bought it from CPC you might want to post this comment on the following thread as there are some comments on packaging there and responses from CPC: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 43&t=43851

poing

Thu May 16, 2013 3:04 pm

I ordered from Farnell, but it's just a general comment on the packaging.

plasticAiredale

Fri May 17, 2013 1:01 pm

My box also arrived smashed, though my ribbon cable seems unaffected. Definitely was a little scary pulling it out of the package and seeing it that way.

Return to “Camera board”