NormVA

Re: Issue with getting camera to work

Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:52 am

TommyUnger wrote:I hit this issue. The problem for me was the very small wiring on the "P5V04A SUNNY" connector (orange thing on the front of the camera). It was loosened by me. When I pushed it back in, everything was fixed and working again.
I re-seated the connector, but no luck. I have two of the Rev 1.3 cameras and they work perfectly. The two V2.1 cameras do not work.

kajackdfw

Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:33 pm

I experienced the same thing. I realized the problem with mine, was that when I clicked my v2 camera into my Raspberry pi case camera holder slot, that snap was a resistor popping off the 8mp camera board. :roll: If any one is having this issue, there may be a tiny pair of contacts with a letter to mark where something is missing. My v1 camera did not have components so close to that edge.

altanai

Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:50 am

I understand this thread is pretty old , but i get the same error

Code: Select all

Jun 30 12:15:36 raspberrypi uv4l[1773]: mmal: mmal_vc_component_create: failed to create component 'vc.ril.camera' (1:ENOMEM)
Jun 30 12:15:36 raspberrypi uv4l[1773]: mmal: mmal_component_create_core: could not create component 'vc.ril.camera' (1)
Jun 30 12:15:36 raspberrypi uv4l[1773]: <error> [driver] Failed to create component
Jun 30 12:15:36 raspberrypi uv4l[1773]: <error> [core] open() failed: Out of memory: Operation not permitted error: Operation not permitted
I tried
  • ofcourse shutdown and reboot
    restarting uv4l_raspicam
    apt upgrade and update
    disabling and enabling camera module
    removeing and reattching camera module
Altanai Bisht
tara181989@gmail.com
https://altanaitelecom.wordpress.com/
Book : https://www.https://www.packtpub.com/web-development/webrtc-integrators-guide

wkeeling

Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:50 am

same issue here done updagte/upgrade, enabled cam, reseated all 3 connections but still getting error

mmal: mmal_vc_component_create: failed to create component 'vc.ril.camera' (1:ENOMEM)
mmal: mmal_component_create_core: could not create component 'vc.ril.camera' (1)
mmal: Failed to create camera component
mmal: main: Failed to create camera component
mmal: Camera is not detected. Please check carefully the camera module is installed correctly

any way to diagnose the issue correctly?
Willie Keeling

amilino

Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:58 am

I have the same issue. While trying screen mirroring.

iamin

Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:03 am

Old thread but seems quite some people still facing this issue.

Instead of checking the connector first (which I bet most people got right) remember if you're using raspbian that the camera is deactivated by default and that if you want to activate it you should run `sudo raspi-config` then go to 5. Interfacing options > 1. Camera > Yes > Finalize. This should reset the raspberry and get the camera working most of the time.

bharat1510

Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:43 pm

I solved the problem. I updated the firmware version.
By :

Code: Select all

sudo rpi-update

Return to “Camera board”