MATT227 wrote:I added what I needed to and it still comes up as "failed to create camera component"
Maybe AFrame can help....
Sorry guys, I've been away for a couple of days (sunny Sunderland!).
This is what worked for me, but it was only on a Rev1 Model B:
1. Download the most recent version of Wheezy.
2. Write that to an SD card.
3. Boot off the new image.
4. Expand the FS using the standard raspi-config option.
6. Edit the network_interfaces and wpa_supplicant.conf to enable wifi (optional - leave this if you're happy on ethernet).
Run these commands one after the other:
8. sudo apt-get update
9. sudo apt-get upgrade (took me about 30+ mins)
10. sudo apt-get install git-core
11. sudo wget http://goo.gl/1BOfJ
12. sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/rpi-update
13. sudo nano /boot/config.txt
13.1. add "start_file=start_x.elf" (no quotes)
13.2. add "start_fixup=fixup_x.dat" (no quotes)
14. Run /opt/vc/bin/raspicam -o filename.jpg
That is exactly the sequence that I ran through.
Hope it helps you guys.
I'm just doing some CAD at the moment to get the camera and some cases stuck on thingiverse.
If I add some standard files to thingiverse does anyone fancy doing any API work to customise them?