photoJames

Cropping/zooming live view on HQ camera

Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:03 am

I want to use a Pi 4 with an HQ camera as a document camera. I don't need to do any actual recording on the Pi as I am using an HDMI to USB adapter and recording on my Mac laptop. I have tried adjusting the resolution in python and it doesn't change the area captured, just the clarity (lower resolution). I was wondering if there is a way to display the live view at more than 100% or if there is a way to change the region of interest for the live view.

I had someone suggest imagemagick but that is for post processing and I'm not going to be capturing any files on the Pi, it's basically just acting as a webcam that I would like to be able to zoom in to the subject
Attachments
image capture.png
image capture.png (132.54 KiB) Viewed 279 times

6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Cropping/zooming live view on HQ camera

Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:23 am

Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

photoJames

Re: Cropping/zooming live view on HQ camera

Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:54 pm

UPDATE: Got the code working! Thanks for the direction.
Thanks! Now to get to work on the code. I want to use the FreeDeck (see image) that I built (thanks to Adam Welch's awesome instructions)to send the controls to the Pi, probably over a VNC connection from my laptop. Or maybe I'll just build one for the Pi.
freedeck.jpg
freedeck.jpg (120.41 KiB) Viewed 211 times

Return to “Camera board”