Raul Aniturri

The camera

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:24 pm

I have the last eersion of Raspbian. I want to stream a blogg in youtube, but when I'm going to strart the streaming, it tolds my thar I can't use the camera, becouse it is being used by other apps. I don't have any other app open. Does someone nows how to fix this?

topguy

Re: The camera

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:56 pm

Which camera ?
Which software do you use to do the streaming ?
Can we see the exact command with error you are using ?

Raul Aniturri

Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:35 am

topguy wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:56 pm
Which camera ?
Which software do you use to do the streaming ?
Can we see the exact command with error you are using ?
I'm using the raspberry Pi Camera Rev 1.3
I'm using YouTube, but Im open for new subgestions
The mesage is "Camera can't be accessed because it's being used by another application.
Thanks ;)

topguy

Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:44 am

I'm using YouTube, but Im open for new subgestions.
I meant which software are you running on the Pi ? Which software is reporting that error message.

Raul Aniturri

Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:43 am

I'm using raspbian.

6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:13 am

Raul Aniturri wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:43 am
I'm using raspbian.
Raspbian is a distribution, so many thousand potential applications that you might be running.

What specific application (eg ffmpeg, vlc, etc) are you running that is producing that error? If you want people to assist then you need to provide the details of the steps you have taken. If you've followed a tutorial then please provide a link to that tutorial.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

Raul Aniturri

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:17 am

6by9 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:13 am

What specific application (eg ffmpeg, vlc, etc) are you running that is producing that error? If you want people to assist then you need to provide the details of the steps you have taken. If you've followed a tutorial then please provide a link to that tutorial.
I'm Just using the "Raspbian Buster with desktop and recommended software" https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/ . With no other application. I'm using the latest version. I just falowed the same steps at if i would be on windows to do the blog. I enabeled the camera and the microphone.

6by9

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:33 am

Raul Aniturri wrote:
I'm Just using the "Raspbian Buster with desktop and recommended software" https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/ . With no other application. I'm using the latest version.
If I said I was using Windows to view my camera, would you be able to help me?
Windows by itself can't view a camera, and in the same way nor can Raspbian. You must be running some other software on top, eg Chromium, VLC, Cheese, or something.
Raul Aniturri wrote:I just falowed the same steps at if i would be on windows to do the blog. I enabeled the camera and the microphone.
You're following some steps? What are they? Provide a link to them!
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

jamesh

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:37 am

Raul Aniturri wrote:
I just falowed the same steps at if i would be on windows to do the blog. I enabeled the camera and the microphone.
This is the bit we need to know - what are you specifically doing at this stage? You say you have enabled the camera and microphone - but how? What software/website/whatever are you using to do the blog and how did you enable them?
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I own the world’s worst thesaurus. Not only is it awful, it’s awful."

Return to “Camera board”