LearnPi

Need expert's opinion

Tue May 07, 2019 5:50 pm

Hello:
I need expert's opinion.
We have a touch-controller-system project consists of a Linux SPC; a touch screen; a JDI LCD display with 1280 x 800 pixel; a camera mounted behind lens. The Linux SBC with WiFi, Bluetooth, USB for touch & camera. Need to have the SPC drive the LCD and have inputs for touch & camera. Does Raspberry PI 3 B+ meet these needs?
I read an article <The best alternatives to the Raspberry PI>, it says:
New boards have started to emerge that cram in features not found in the PI 3: memory, fast processors......and support for 4K displays......
Since our project has LCD display and camera, I am not sure if the memory and support for 4K displays in PI will be a problem.
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Regards;
LearnPi

B.Goode

Re: Need expert's opinion

Tue May 07, 2019 6:45 pm

I need expert's opinion.

Be discriminating in what you believe. In these forums, as with other Internet resources, there is no easy way to separate an expert from a charlatan..

New boards have started to emerge that cram in features not found in the PI 3: memory, fast processors......and support for 4K displays......

Since our project has LCD display and camera, I am not sure if the memory and support for 4K displays in PI will be a problem.

My understanding is that no current model of Raspberry Pi board can take advantage of a 4K display.

I can't work out whether that is a problem for you...

If you require built-in 4K support, that might be a show-stopper.

If you are concerned because you are not using a 4K display, you need not worry because that is not a prerequisite.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Tue May 07, 2019 8:15 pm

LearnPi wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:50 pm
Hello:
I need expert's opinion.
We have a touch-controller-system project consists of a Linux SPC; a touch screen; a JDI LCD display with 1280 x 800 pixel; a camera mounted behind lens. The Linux SBC with WiFi, Bluetooth, USB for touch & camera. Need to have the SPC drive the LCD and have inputs for touch & camera. Does Raspberry PI 3 B+ meet these needs?
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Regards;
LearnPi
The Pi could probably do all that you need. Its depends on what sort of processing is requried. Is the camera USB connected?

The PI is $35, probably cheap enough for you to try making a prototype to see if it does do the job.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

LearnPi

Wed May 08, 2019 12:15 pm

My LCD display solution is 1024 x 800 pixels., probably it is okay.
The camera will connect to RPi with USB. The Raspberry Pi 3 B+ has a CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera, I will suggest our customer to use Raspberry Pi camera

LearnPi

Wed May 15, 2019 6:09 pm

Hello:
I need help again.
Now I can boot up Raspberry PI 3 B+. the next I will connect a Raspberry PI camera. Today I purchase the camera and will receive it in 2~3 days. I read the document <How to install/use the Raspberry PI camera>. It says: <......4. From the prompt, run "sudo raspi-config"......>.. Could someone walk me through how I can find the prompt. Is it similar to PC DOS command? Where I can get the prompt?
Thanks.
LearnPI

DirkS

Wed May 15, 2019 6:12 pm

LearnPi wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:09 pm
Hello:
I need help again.
Please don't use a single topic for unrelated issues.
If you start a new topic you will have a better chance of getting helpful responses

Return to “Camera board”