rspitz

Case for ZeroW + Mini Camera

Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:45 pm

Hi everybody,

I've been searching for a case to fit my Raspberry Pi Zero W + mini camera module to be used as a surveillance camera, but all I can find are cases for Zero W + standard camera module. I can't believe that what I'm looking for isn't commercially available, but haven't been able to find anything.

I need nothing fancy, should be as simple and plain as possible, weather/waterproof not necessary. I cannot make one myself since I have no access to a 3D printer. Any clues?

Regards, Richard

6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Case for ZeroW + Mini Camera

Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:48 am

Raspberry Pi don't make a mini camera. I suspect you have therefore bought a camera module made by a third party. The only people likely to have made a suitable case are that same third party.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
Please don't send PMs asking for support - use the forum.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

rspitz

Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:41 am

Looks like I didn't get the name of the camera module right. This is the one I have:

Camera Module for Raspberry Pi Zero

So not the regular camera module that sits on a separate PCB and has a detachable cable, but the one with small cable and integrated circuitry.

6by9

Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:01 am

Not made by Raspberry Pi.
Products on Raspberry Pi are all listed on https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
Please don't send PMs asking for support - use the forum.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

itsmedoofer

Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:34 am

Hi,

May or may not be what you are looking for, have a google for ZeroView, I found the same as yourself, slim pickings.

I have one of these mounted on the living room window, ideal for me !

I have seen DIY affairs made from plastic plumbing parts, may even have been on here...

rspitz

Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:11 pm

ZeroView was one of the first solutions I stumbled across, but again, this is for the original camera and not for the one I have.

Return to “Camera board”