minjae

Have you ever used cooler for pi Camera module?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:29 am

Hi!

I'm developing raspberry pi with Camera, and it's important to make stable temperature with the camera.

Maybe it sounds a little bit weird, but do you know any cooler for raspberry pi camera module?

I know that I may use kinda CPU cooler for it, but I'm just curious if there's any 'fit-in' cooler for a camera.

Thanks a lot :D

gordon77

Re: Have you ever used cooler for pi Camera module?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:41 am

I made one using a peltier but it kept misting up at - 20degC.
Attachments
Cool_Camera_03b.jpg
Cool_Camera_03b.jpg (58.79 KiB) Viewed 1582 times
Cool_Camera_02b.jpg
Cool_Camera_02b.jpg (53.45 KiB) Viewed 1582 times
Cool_Camera_01b.jpg
Cool_Camera_01b.jpg (59.36 KiB) Viewed 1582 times

mindwave

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:45 pm

GORDON77

I think you may have an answer that I've been seeking. Based on my looking at you project photo for 30-45 seconds and trying to guess what it is and how it works.

It LOOKS like you have created amount, to attaché an RASPI and cooler on one side and an OPTICAL lens on the other.

Also, by your lables it looks like the RASPI camera module is "looking" at the world THROUGH the optical lens ( a side comment may even indicate that that will THEN hook up to ANOTHER glass lens,(telescope?) all of which is really cool.

Now youre intro states that the camera module you using is one that has a rating of F2.0.

That is a really good light sensitivity, from sunc a small lends module.

Have you EVER tried using something in a photo that we would recognize to use as a SCALE relative or example.

The reason I ask is pretty simple and I cant be the 1st person to consider it.

WHat if, for example, you have your F2 Camera module, you affix that (maybe 3d print a special holder) to the REAR of a Minolta 200MM F2 lens.

What will the image look like?

I haven't done "lens math" in over 20 years, so I know that the chances of focusing it properly are slim, but I always considered trhat my BOIGGEST challenger would be light sensitivity.

I was always concerned that the sensor in the "camera" unit wouldn't be sensitive to light and they image might look OK, but be FAR to dark to be of any value, yes I know they make the "night time" module, buyt that's got its own issues, so Im trying to go from a digital image sensor through an OPTICAL lens, and then back again.

Anyone who has tried this or remembers their lens math better than I do, should be able to figure this one out.

gordon77

Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:22 pm

I detached the pi camera module from the pcb, unplug the sunny connector and remove the sticky fixer holding the camera to the pcb. You can then fit a sheet of copper between the camera and the pcb, max thickness 1.5mm. Drill the copper to suit the mounting holes in the pcb. Use heat sink compound between camera and copper. I used a 12mm lens mount and clamped the camera to the pcb with it. I removed the camera lens, you may wish to keep it, and used a 12mm adapter to connect the to the telescope., it has no lens just a IR filter. I can provide full details in about a weeks time.

This will show what a Canon 200 f2. 8 shows on a v1 pi camera

viewtopic.php?t=207667

minjae

Thu May 10, 2018 8:13 am

gordon77 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:41 am
I made one using a peltier but it kept misting up at - 20degC.
oh man looks so cool!
Did you made all by yourself?

gordon77

Thu May 10, 2018 2:30 pm

Yes, l'll upload details.

gordon77

Thu May 31, 2018 2:30 pm

I hope this explains
Attachments
camera7cr.jpg
camera7cr.jpg (55.29 KiB) Viewed 1203 times

Return to “Camera board”