Misirlou

WebRTC not working at all in Stretch Chromium (and not so much in Jessie either)

Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:20 am

So far I'm not able to get WebRTC to work, using sites like talky.io, appear.in, etc., it would be great if someone could help!

In Jessie, talky.io and appear.in almost work, except I can't get two-way audio. Others like appr.tc and tokbox don't work. In Stretch, it just doesn't work at all, it can't get the camera.

Using a fresh install of Stretch, I can record a video file with:

Code: Select all

sudo modprobe bcm2835-v4l2
v4l2-ctl --set-fmt-video=width=1920,height=1088,pixelformat=4
v4l2-ctl --stream-mmap=3 --stream-count=100 --stream-to=somefile.264
and play it back ok with omxplayer.

But if I try to use any WebRTC site in Chromium, like appear.in, talky.io, etc., I just get an error that the camera and mic can't be accessed.

getUserMedia doesn't seem to work, for example visit http://simpl.info/getusermedia

All of these work in Jessie, except there's a USB audio problem I was hoping to fix by upgrading to Stretch.

Thoughts?

P.S., the USB audio problem in Jessie is that if I set my USB audio adapter (a simple headphone/mic adapter with C-Media chip) as the default device in /etc/asound.conf, then in WebRTC the microphone works but the headphone jack doesn't. But the headphone jack works for YouTube and other websites. If I don't set it as default then the main headphone jack works, but the USB microphone input doesn't. If anyone knows a fix for that, or some way to get WebRTC to work in Chromium, I'd appreciate it!

Return to “Camera board”