sej7278

Re: Status update

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:27 pm

do we have any idea on price yet, i'm just thinking if its going to be a lot then i'll just buy a good webcam now rather than wait (as my cheapish pwc webcam doesn't work at all oddly enough, its fine on every other linux device i have) although i'd rather use the csi for the hardware acceleration, official support etc.

oh and whilst i think about it, will it have any sort of illumination like ultrabright leds or is that down to us to wire up from some gpio pins?

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:08 pm

sej7278 wrote:do we have any idea on price yet, i'm just thinking if its going to be a lot then i'll just buy a good webcam now rather than wait (as my cheapish pwc webcam doesn't work at all oddly enough, its fine on every other linux device i have) although i'd rather use the csi for the hardware acceleration, official support etc.

oh and whilst i think about it, will it have any sort of illumination like ultrabright leds or is that down to us to wire up from some gpio pins?
It's going to be around $25 I believe. No LEDs. The board itself is tiny - 20x25x10mm - so not much room. I've got a couple of photo's of the board + camera but not able to release them yet.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

wallarug

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:36 pm

d0vr wrote:Here camera camera camera..! Any update? :P
Any at all? Or do we still have to wait till the end of Q1 2013?

Also, will the camera be available through only RS components?

Return to “Camera board”