ags167

raspberry pi night vision camera

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:24 pm

hello out there.

i want to make a camera to take pictures in the dark but unfortunately i have no programming skills or what so ever... can anyone here help me with this:

raspberry pi night vision camera.
rpi = raspberry pi 1 model b
monitor = 3.5 inch car monitor
camera = pi noir camera with ir diodes.
button = single press buttons connected to the gpio

i want it to be written in python… or other easy understanderable language...

i also want live view on the monitor when the pi boots. (right now im just using the “raspistill -0 -t” at boot…)

then i want one of the buttons to take a picture when pressed and save it on a usb flash drive

the other button should record video when hold down and stop recording when released.

i think the names of the files should just be random? since then it wouldn’t override them at a reboot?

then i would 3d print an enclosure to make it look like a "real" camera. which im able to do myself... :D

so what im asking for is someone to help me understand what i need to do or write to make it work maybe one of you could make it to me with a lot of comments in it?

MarkHaysHarris777

Re: raspberry pi night vision camera

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:50 pm

ags167 wrote: ... so what im asking for is someone to help me understand what i need to do or write to make it work maybe one of you could make it to me with a lot of comments in it?
You can operate the camera manually from a terminal; in fact, that is the only way I've used it myself, so far. You may automate all of it, or course, with programming.

I would recommend taking the time to learn Python. Its a rewarding endeavor regardless; and its not that difficult.

As for writing this for you, there are folks who would do that (as consultants) for a fee; I am one of those, but trust me, you can't afford it. (if you have to ask, you really can't afford it)

It all starts with research... read read read... online searches, and other articles like MagPI and blogs... learn as much as you can, and experiment. (As long as you don't ESD shock the camera, you aren't going to hurt it).

marcus
marcus
:ugeek:

stderr

Re: raspberry pi night vision camera

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:53 pm

ags167 wrote:i think the names of the files should just be random? since then it wouldn’t override them at a reboot?
So you are back from holiday and you are showing everyone the videos and pictures you took:

Here's me, I'm at the airport, here's me talking to my cat a few months ago, here's me at the end of my trip, here's me, I forget, on a beach, I'm not sure which one, I was on several....

I would increment a number in the name of the pictures each time I took a shot so there's some sort of natural order to things, makes it easier to find later.

Return to “Camera board”