philletourneau

Re: PHP/Bootstrap Web Interface for the Pi Camera

Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:31 pm

It doesn't boot on Pi Zero W because the operating system on that image isn't new enough to support the new Pi. The drivers, etc. It might be as simple as updating the firmware by running
sudo rpi-update
on a device that can boot the card, provided it's in read-write state.

TheWaterbug

Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:59 am

ithieme wrote: The binary seems to be renamed from h264_v4l2_rtspserver to v4l2rtspserver. That change can be processed as follows:

Code: Select all

# Rename the binary in the system service file
sudo sed -i "s/\/usr\/local\/bin\/h264_v4l2_rtspserver/\/usr\/local\/bin\/v4l2rtspserver/g" /home/pi/RaspberryIPCamera/DefaultConfigFiles/RTSP-Server.service

# Put system service file for RTSP server into place
sudo cp /home/pi/RaspberryIPCamera/DefaultConfigFiles/RTSP-Server.service /etc/systemd/system/RTSP-Server.service
The change which has been made by line 163 of Ronny's script doesn't work. If you already ran that command then do the following. It will replace the wrongly inserted line 8 in /lib/systemd/system/php5-fpm.service.

sudo mount -o remount rw /
sudo sed -i "8c\ExecStartPre=/bin/bash -c 'if [ ! -d \"/tmp/phpsessions\" ]; then /bin/mkdir /tmp/phpsessions; fi'" /lib/systemd/system/php5-fpm.service
Btw, line 161 has to be changed the same way. If you already ran that command then ...

sudo sed -i "20c\ExecStartPre=/bin/bash -c 'if [ ! -d \"/var/log/nginx\" ]; then /bin/mkdir /var/log/nginx; fi'" /lib/systemd/system/nginx.service
Thanks! I re-ran installation.sh (minus the read-only and optimization steps) and applied these fixes, and now it's working. That's the good news.

The bad news is that it's still reporting version 1.6 Beta, and the Camera Settings page lacks the bitrate slider, despite the script wgets:

https://github.com/ronnyvdbr/RaspberryI ... 7-beta.zip

If I download the repository, www/camera-settings.php contains:

<div class="form-group">
                <label class="control-label col-sm-4" for="bitrate">Streaming Bitrate:</label>
                  <div class="col-sm-5">
                    <input name="bitrate" type="range" class="form-control" id="bitrate" form="frm-camerasettings" max="17000000" min="100000" step="100000" <?php echo "value=" . intval($camerasettings['bitrate']);?> oninput="bitratenum.value=Math.round(bitrate.value/1000);">
                  </div>
                  <div class="col-sm-2">
					<output name="bitratenum" id="bitratenum" for="bitrate"><?php echo intval($camerasettings['bitrate']/1000) ;?> Kb/s</output>
                  </div>
Does anyone know how to manually "install" the version from the repository on top of a working version 1.6? I don't understand this stuff well enough to tinker, but I can follow step-by-step directions :D

calleblyh

Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:23 am

calleblyh wrote:
Scale wrote:Any change that we get a version that supports the Pi Zero W built-in wifi?
Yesterday I downloaded version 1.6 Beta. Tested sucessfully on Pi3 and PiZ thru ethernet. Could not establish thru Wifi. Moved SD-card to PiZW which didn't boot at all ? I have scanned thru all postings on this topic and for a nonprogrammer like me, I honestly dont have knowledge enough to dare dig into the code...
I have tried all four download sites to download image v1.7. All however report as v1.6 Beta. I have tried image on Pi3, Pi2 and PiZ on ethernet, all work fine. Reading thru topic posts I do get the impression also Wifi should work. However, when selecting enable Wifi Configuration it seems the Authors SSID/passwrd are fixed into the code.
On terminal: lsusb recognizes my wifi-dongle, but ifconfig doesnt show any IP on wlan0. iwlist scan list all SSID's around. How can I make my local Wifi accessible for streaming. Please be aware I am not familiar with programming, rather a keen user. Is there a simple cure to the problem which I can cope with ?

Thnx calleblyh

Masuri

Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:39 am

I just installed everything on a Zero W and I can confirm that it works with one change that ithieme posted.
You only need to remount the partition as read-write again and change the name of the executable for the v4l2rtspserver.

Simply sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/RTSP-Server.service and change h264_v4l2_rtspserver to v4l2rtspserver.

Reboot and everything works like a charm. Thanks a lot ronnyvdbr

calleblyh

Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:49 pm

Masuri wrote:I just installed everything on a Zero W and I can confirm that it works with one change that ithieme posted.
You only need to remount the partition as read-write again and change the name of the executable for the v4l2rtspserver.
I have v1.6 Beta on my SD-card. It runs on RPi0 via ethernet, change to Wifi doesn't work. The same SD-card doesNOT boot on RPi0W. How did you get it to boot on your Zero W?
calleblyh

ithieme

Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:10 pm

calleblyh wrote:I have v1.6 Beta on my SD-card. It runs on RPi0 via ethernet, change to Wifi doesn't work. The same SD-card doesNOT boot on RPi0W. How did you get it to boot on your Zero W?
calleblyh
I never tried Ronny's ready made image on my Raspberry Pi Zero but it definitely doesn't work with the Zero W. Obviously the Raspbian version that Ronny used for his image is still not prepared for the new Zero W.

But the one I created myself based on the most resent Raspbian image from raspberrypi.org together with Ronny's installation instructions and some necessary changes I already reported in this thread worked perfectly on the Zero as well as on the Zero W.

pi-in-the-sky

Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:27 pm

How do I install this and leave the Pi usable for other projects?

ithieme

Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:50 pm

pi-in-the-sky wrote:How do I install this and leave the Pi usable for other projects?
Why should the Pi not be usable for other projects afterwards? What other projects do you have in mind? It uses the original OS and a bit of the Pi's performance. The only thing you have to be aware of is the read-only state of the partition. But if you install everything on you own then you decide whether to do it or skip it.

TheWaterbug

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:04 pm

ithieme wrote:
TheWaterbug wrote:I want to push the RTSP to my YouTube channel directly from the Pi instead of sending through an intermediate computer.
Sounds like an interesting project. You have to try whether the raspberry is performant enough to do both.
TheWaterbug wrote:Even better would be if I could do it directly from the RTSP server without using ffmpeg (my ffmpeg command uses -copy for both a and v, so it's just re-transmitting), but I don't know how to do that ;)
Can you explain it a bit more detailed? Shall it be a live stream or do you just want to record videos from the RTSP stream and send them automatically to youtube?
It works! I finally got ffmpeg compiled on my Pi3, so I scp'ed an mp3 over and ran:

./ffmpeg -re -thread_queue_size 512 -rtsp_transport tcp -i "rtsp://localhost:8554" -i SeaOfTranquility.mp3 -vcodec copy -acodec copy -t 01:08:16 -f flv "rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/my-youtube-streaming-key"

I can view it in YouTube, although it's about 40 seconds behind real-time. But that's OK, because there's no interaction required. It'll be just bees once I get this all set up. Right now it's just me, sitting at my desk, which is boring to watch.

I pulled up another ssh session and ran top:

top - 10:56:41 up 17:58,  2 users,  load average: 0.20, 0.14, 0.08
Tasks: 124 total,   1 running, 123 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
%Cpu(s):  1.6 us,  1.6 sy,  0.0 ni, 96.6 id,  0.0 wa,  0.0 hi,  0.2 si,  0.0 st
KiB Mem:    882772 total,   851356 used,    31416 free,     3804 buffers
KiB Swap:        0 total,        0 used,        0 free.   653592 cached Mem

PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND                                                                            
12389 pi        20   0   57380  22756  10048 S   5.8  2.6   0:29.59 ffmpeg                                                                             
12466 pi        20   0    7400   3940   3440 R   3.9  0.4   0:00.99 top                                                                                
  675 pi        20   0   18816   5188   4664 S   1.9  0.6  10:49.08 v4l2rtspserver                                                                     
  291 root      rt   0  139056 133012  14560 S   1.3 15.1  12:01.05 uv4l                                                                               
 6145 root      20   0       0      0      0 S   0.6  0.0   0:12.03 kworker/2:2                                                                        
    1 root      20   0   23880   4044   2792 S   0.0  0.5   0:06.99 systemd
so ffmpeg is only using ~6% of CPU, since it's not transcoding, just repackaging.

This is better than I'd thought it would work. Now I just need to learn how to specify a startup script so that it runs every time the Pi powers up.

DerDON

Fri May 05, 2017 5:36 pm

Hi,
first cograts for your great work.
I am working on a surveilance scenario that contains you PiCam image together with a Linux Server based on motioneye.
I try to use my 'good ole' Pi1's with the Pi Camera Module 1
Even with 'moderate tuning (900Mhz), the Pi1 is too fast to use 640*480 but too slow to use 1280*720 with fps that show a movie that flows - vs erratic movements.
In Camera Settings / Resolution and Formats, the image only allows 640 - or 1280 resolutions.
What do I need to change to leverage an resolution between like 1024*768?

mmurphy

Thu May 11, 2017 8:10 pm

I am a complete newbie to Raspberry pi.
I am hoping to setup an ip camera streamed to Youtube
I tried installing the img file using Etcher straight onto my SDcard. It boots but after loging I am sitting at the $ prompt and do not know what to do next. I thought I'd see that nice image come up and just go.
Attachments
picam.JPG
picam.JPG (20.21 KiB) Viewed 4302 times

antennas

Sat May 13, 2017 3:55 am

You need to go to the cams ip with another computer to view the stream.

DerDON

Sat May 20, 2017 4:32 pm

Hi,
just retried the image on a brandnew Pi3.

mount -o remount rw /
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
-> webserver doesnt work anymore :-(

Can we somehow find a way to keep things up-to-date?

antennas

Sat May 20, 2017 6:05 pm

How could we add some buttons for gpio control into this? Just edit the webpage I imagine? I'd like to have it monitor my garage and open and close it.
Thanks

DerDON

Sun May 21, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi
I still do not get it.

I've read through the entire list of replys, but if this is fixed in the discussion around line 163, then please explain it again more slowly :-)

I download the 1.7 beta, then

sudo apt-get install rpi-update
sudo rpi-update
sudo reboot

as a result - no webserver but these errors in the boot log:

[ OK ] Mounted /var/tmp.
[ OK ] Mounted /tmp.
[ OK ] Mounted /var/log.
[FAILED] Failed to start Load/Save Random Seed.
See 'systemctl status systemd-random-seed.service' for details.
[ OK ] Found device /dev/mmcblk0p1.
Mounting /boot...
[ OK ] Started Show Plymouth Boot Screen.
[ OK ] Reached target Paths.
[ OK ] Mounted /boot.
[ OK ] Reached target Local File Systems.
Starting Tell Plymouth To Write Out Runtime Data...
Starting Create Volatile Files and Directories...
[ OK ] Reached target Remote File Systems.
Starting Trigger Flushing of Journal to Persistent Storage...
Starting LSB: Prepare console...
Starting LSB: Raise network interfaces....
[ OK ] Started Tell Plymouth To Write Out Runtime Data.
[ OK ] Started Create Volatile Files and Directories.
Starting Update UTMP about System Boot/Shutdown...
[FAILED] Failed to start LSB: Userspace Camera Driver.
See 'systemctl status uv4l_raspicam.service' for details.
[ OK ] Started Trigger Flushing of Journal to Persistent Storage.
[ OK ] Started Update UTMP about System Boot/Shutdown.
[ OK ] Started LSB: Prepare console.
Starting LSB: Set console font and keymap...
[ OK ] Started LSB: Set console font and keymap.
[ OK ] Started LSB: Raise network interfaces..
[ OK ] Reached target System Initialization.
[ OK ] Listening on D-Bus System Message Bus Socket.
[ OK ] Reached target Sockets.
[ OK ] Reached target Timers.
Starting Restore Sound Card State...
[ OK ] Reached target Basic System.
Starting dhcpcd on all interfaces...
Starting Configure Bluetooth Modems connected by UART...
Starting Login Service...
Starting D-Bus System Message Bus...
[ OK ] Started D-Bus System Message Bus.
Starting LSB: Starts syslogd...
[ OK ] Started Restore Sound Card State.
[ OK ] Started Login Service.
[ OK ] Started LSB: Starts syslogd.
Starting LSB: Starts klogd...
[ OK ] Started LSB: Starts klogd.
[FAILED] Failed to start Configure Bluetooth Modems connected by UART.
See 'systemctl status hciuart.service' for details.
[ OK ] Started dhcpcd on all interfaces.
[ OK ] Reached target Network.
Starting OpenBSD Secure Shell server...
[ OK ] Started OpenBSD Secure Shell server.
Starting The PHP FastCGI Process Manager...
Starting A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server...
Starting /etc/rc.local Compatibility...

Any help appreciated!

DerDON

ithieme

Sun May 21, 2017 6:51 pm

DerDON wrote:Any help appreciated!

DerDON
Have you already done what your log has been advised? These detailes could be more helpful. ;)

See 'systemctl status systemd-random-seed.service' for details.
See 'systemctl status uv4l_raspicam.service' for details.
See 'systemctl status hciuart.service' for details.

typxxi

Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:45 am

Hello,

Zero W is available for a few month and it would be fine to have an complete instruction for that zero w camera 2 project that simply starts after the raspbian installation has been done and that really works.

I nees it simply as a kind of glas for my 79 year old dad who has got only 1 eye left on which he can only see 60% ... he wanna look at his desktop or tablet and just enjoy the birds.

Simply open a link, no user, no pw needed.
Motion did not work, to less fps ... to slow, so I hoped to find a solution here.

Would be great to have a full Pi Zero W receipt as a (current) milestone out of one hand that really works.

Thanks a lot from us
WOLF

typxxi

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:08 am

Finally I was able to download an image that worked for me, but not for a Zero W.
It was named 1.70 or so, but logged in a 1.62. A difference by incident or not.

But: a huge timedelay with a Zero 1.3 and RJ45 and a lost many frames at least when there is motion

Nearly useless to watch and enjoy birds.
If someone comes to explain the reasons for this 1-2 sec latency and stuttering, fine.
If it ends that my network is bad or something else like zero to small, fine.

If you just want something really great with nearly no latency and real 25 fps while waving your hand I've something simple even for a Pi Zero W and Wifi connection that works like hell compared to this what is able to show a dozen cams. I checked about 5 solutions and all with latency and fps problems (Zero W + cam 2.1)

It uses simply the fact that it transmits the h264 raw data stream into your network without a destination by using nc. CPU is nearly idle.

If you install an app on your android device that is called RPi Camera viewer you can add cams and start viewing. Pinch to zoom works great and it has a "Take a screenshot" Camera button good for identifying birds.

the system is based on netcat / nc and there are 2 clients described for android the app and for raspberry client an mplayer or so

Here is the description of the developer

http://frozen.ca/streaming-raw-h-264-fr ... spberry-pi

I found simliar solutions mostly streaming to 1 dedicted ip adress and with linux clients but they were not so usefull if you have a phone and tablet.

Thid solution is nearly latency free compared to all the motion and whatever things. Installation is easy, app works also with the raspnerry hostname instead of ip adress.
Only missing point: no windows 10 solution

Just try and enjoy latency free viewing regardless if wlan or cable connected.
WOLF

RpiName

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:00 am

typxxi wrote: I found simliar solutions mostly streaming to 1 dedicted ip adress and with linux clients but they were not so usefull if you have a phone and tablet.

Thid solution is nearly latency free compared to all the motion and whatever things. Installation is easy, app works also with the raspnerry hostname instead of ip adress.
Only missing point: no windows 10 solution
UV4L has been supporting this in many ways since years now and can be installed on the Pi Zero as well. You can access the strems from Windows/Linux/Tablets/phones, etc...

UV4L:
https://linux-projects.org

One of the available examples:
https://www.linux-projects.org/uv4l/tut ... detection/

(By the way, UV4L is also used in the project discussed in these threads but only with MJPEG over HTTP or HTTPS which is rather slow compared to the WebRTC alternative it provides)

marcel151

Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:28 am

Hello,
I got the following problem with my configuration. My Pi Model B (256MB) is crashing immeditately when using MJPEG, this was mentioned on the thread before, but there was no answer for it. Then I configured RTSP for using it with my Synology, when trying out the stream on VLC I only got a flashing screen, no picture. Whats happening here? Tried different resolutions, FPS, overclocking the Pi etc.. Always the same.
What I mentioned when I look up the status of uv4l_raspicam.service:

Jul 24 02:24:27 PiCam uv4l_raspicam[3445]: <warning> [driver] Invalid height: max. for the specified encoding is 1080
Jul 24 02:24:27 PiCam uv4l_raspicam[3445]: <notice> [driver] Selected format: 1920x1080, encoding: h264, H264 Video Compression
Jul 24 02:24:27 PiCam uv4l_raspicam[3445]: <notice> [driver] Framerate max. 15 fps
Jul 24 02:24:27 PiCam uv4l_raspicam[3445]: <notice> [driver] ROI: 0, 0, 1, 1
Jul 24 02:24:27 PiCam uv4l_raspicam[3445]: <info> [driver] RAW data will be included in the JPEG captures
Jul 24 02:24:27 PiCam uv4l_raspicam[3445]: <notice> [driver] H264 costant bitrate: 17000000
Jul 24 02:24:27 PiCam uv4l_raspicam[3445]: <notice> [core] Device detected!
Jul 24 02:24:27 PiCam uv4l_raspicam[3445]: <warning> [core] Cannot create /dev/video0 because file already exists
Jul 24 02:24:27 PiCam systemd[1]: Started LSB: Userspace Camera Driver.
Jul 24 02:24:28 PiCam uv4l_raspicam[3445]: <notice> [core] Registering device node /dev/video1
Why is /dev/video0 busy? Is this normal?
Output of the rtsp-server status:

Jul 24 02:24:24 PiCam v4l2rtspserver[3433]: 2017-07-24 02:24:24,578 [NOTICE] - /home/pi/v4l2rtspserver/inc/ALSACapture.h:64
Jul 24 02:24:24 PiCam v4l2rtspserver[3433]: Open ALSA device: "default"
Jul 24 02:24:24 PiCam v4l2rtspserver[3433]: 2017-07-24 02:24:24,580 [NOTICE] - /home/pi/v4l2rtspserver/src/V4l2DeviceSource.cpp:93
Jul 24 02:24:24 PiCam v4l2rtspserver[3433]: begin thread
Jul 24 02:24:24 PiCam v4l2rtspserver[3433]: 2017-07-24 02:24:24,690 [ERROR ] - /home/pi/v4l2rtspserver/inc/ALSACapture.h:71
Jul 24 02:24:24 PiCam v4l2rtspserver[3433]: cannot open audio device: default error:No such file or directory
Jul 24 02:24:24 PiCam v4l2rtspserver[3433]: 2017-07-24 02:24:24,697 [NOTICE] - /home/pi/v4l2rtspserver/inc/ALSACapture.h:120
Jul 24 02:24:24 PiCam v4l2rtspserver[3433]: ALSA device: "default" buffer_size:0 period_size:0 rate:44100
Jul 24 02:24:24 PiCam v4l2rtspserver[3433]: 2017-07-24 02:24:24,698 [NOTICE] - /home/pi/v4l2rtspserver/src/main.cpp:148
Jul 24 02:24:24 PiCam v4l2rtspserver[3433]: Play this stream using the URL "rtsp://192.168.2.5:8554/"
Any ideas?
Thank you.

marcel151

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:54 pm

Okay I figured it out now, but doesn't work as originally designed. I tried the image and also an installation from scratch, both with the same result. Here's what I did:
After installation of the image it was crashing immediately after opening the web interface in MJPEG mode. So I changed it manually to h264 in /etc/uv4l/uv4l-raspicam.conf. After that I could use the interface, change my settings etc.. But no camera functionality in RTSP mode at that time either. Trying a systemctl status RTSP-Server.service, it said:

Jul 24 15:35:37 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started RTSP-Server.
Jul 24 15:35:37 raspberrypi v4l2rtspserver[785]: 2017-07-24 15:35:37,771 [NOTICE] - /home/pi/v4l2rtspserver/src/main.cpp:352
Jul 24 15:35:37 raspberrypi v4l2rtspserver[785]: Create V4L2 Source.../dev/video0
Jul 24 15:35:37 raspberrypi v4l2rtspserver[785]: VIDIOC_STREAMOFF: Bad file descriptor
Jul 24 15:35:37 raspberrypi v4l2rtspserver[785]: VIDIOC_REQBUFS: Bad file descriptor
Searching for this output a little bit and found out that I have to use the following command to start the camera driver:
sudo modprobe bcm2835-v4l2
Now the log seems to look better:

Jul 24 15:36:16 raspberrypi v4l2rtspserver[861]: 2017-07-24 15:36:16,661 [NOTICE] - src/V4l2Device.cpp:199
Jul 24 15:36:16 raspberrypi v4l2rtspserver[861]: nbBuffer:1
Jul 24 15:36:16 raspberrypi v4l2rtspserver[861]: 2017-07-24 15:36:16,701 [NOTICE] - src/V4l2MmapDevice.cpp:70
Jul 24 15:36:16 raspberrypi v4l2rtspserver[861]: Device /dev/video0 nb buffer:10
Jul 24 15:36:17 raspberrypi v4l2rtspserver[861]: 2017-07-24 15:36:17,169 [NOTICE] - /home/pi/v4l2rtspserver/src/main.cpp:371
Jul 24 15:36:17 raspberrypi v4l2rtspserver[861]: Create Source .../dev/video0
Jul 24 15:36:17 raspberrypi v4l2rtspserver[861]: 2017-07-24 15:36:17,173 [NOTICE] - /home/pi/v4l2rtspserver/src/V4l2DeviceSource.cpp:93
Jul 24 15:36:17 raspberrypi v4l2rtspserver[861]: begin thread
Jul 24 15:36:17 raspberrypi v4l2rtspserver[861]: 2017-07-24 15:36:17,179 [NOTICE] - /home/pi/v4l2rtspserver/src/main.cpp:136
Jul 24 15:36:17 raspberrypi v4l2rtspserver[861]: Play this stream using the URL "rtsp://[MY-IP-ADDRESS]:8554/"
I could reach the camera, but the Image was mostly black and flickering.
Tried different options and so on, after starting the server without "-f" it worked.

/usr/local/bin/v4l2rtspserver -Q 3 -u ''
-f is doing the following:
V4L2 capture using current capture format (-W,-H,-F are ignored).
That's why I had to add width, height and frame rate manually because it only had 640x480 apart from my settings in uv4l_raspicam.conf. Going well with:

/usr/local/bin/v4l2rtspserver -Q 3 -u '' -W 1920 -H 1080 -F 15
Seems that the server doesn't use the options given in the uv4l_raspicam.service. And here's the clue, uv4l_raspicam.service is using /dev/video1 and v4l2rtspserver.service is using /dev/video0. That's why the log of uv4l_raspicam.service looks strange as seen in my last post and why I had to add module bcm2835-v4l2. Are they not compatible anymore? Now I doesn't even have to start uv4l_raspicam.service. This isn't working as originally designed now, does anyone have a clue and can you please tell me what I am doing wrong? And can you please explain why you have to use uv4l_raspicam.service? I am using a RPi Model B with 256MB and a v1 PiCam.

Best regards

ditoxius

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:42 pm

Hi,
i really like the IPCam. I tried the pre-configured image and everything worked fine.

Then I tried the manual way as described in the installation.sh file but at one point I get an error.
While installing the RTSP server

git clone https://github.com/mpromonet/v4l2rtspserver.git
sudo apt-get install -y libasound2-dev liblog4cpp5-dev
cd v4l2rtspserver
works fine but the cmake command doesn't work

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
V4L2WRAPPER_LIBRARY
    linked by target "v4l2rtspserver" in directory /home/pi/v4l2rtspserver
I also tried a fresh jessie image following the issue https://github.com/mpromonet/v4l2rtspserver/issues/36 with all the dependencies...but no luck at all :(

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Greetings
Ditoxius

ditoxius

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi,
i really like the IPCam. I tried the pre-configured image and everything worked fine.

Then I tried the manual way as described in the installation.sh file but at one point I get an error.
While installing the RTSP server

git clone https://github.com/mpromonet/v4l2rtspserver.git
sudo apt-get install -y libasound2-dev liblog4cpp5-dev
cd v4l2rtspserver
works fine but the cmake command doesn't work

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
V4L2WRAPPER_LIBRARY
    linked by target "v4l2rtspserver" in directory /home/pi/v4l2rtspserver
I also tried a fresh jessie image following the issue https://github.com/mpromonet/v4l2rtspserver/issues/36 with all the dependencies...but no luck at all :(

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Greetings
Ditoxius

ronnyvdbr

Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi all, I have just released v1.8 beta for the PHP/Bootstrap Web Interface for the Pi Camera.

It can be found on the project page at the url below:

http://ronnyvdbr.github.io/RaspberryIPCamera/

The new features and fixes in the image are the following:

* the camera image will now be displayed even if both the network cable and wifi are connected simultaneously, so the wifi problem is fixed

* there is a new slider on the settings page to control the h.264 streaming bandwidth

* the web gui will show an error if the camera is not detected properly

calleblyh

Re: version 1.8 NO Camera picture

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:30 am

I downloaded version 1.8 . I can loggin and it seems to work, but I get no camera picture. During boot I see there are some error messages related to camera " [FAILED] Failed to start LSB: Userspace Camera Driver. See 'systemctl status uv4l_raspicam.service' for details..
In previous version 1.7 I got camerapicture after logging in ...
Do I miss something in setting it up ?

Br
Calleblyh

Return to “Camera board”