antennas

Re: PHP/Bootstrap Web Interface for the Pi Camera

Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:59 pm

Anyone have an issue as well where if you type the address directly to hit the video stream, such as ,http://96.1.26.113:8080/stream/video.mjpg I do get a window asking for user and password, but it never accepts admin and raspberry. So what's going on here?
Can't seem to make it work when you are outside of the network the camera is on even though passthrough is setup.
Please can anyone help?

RpiName

Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:15 pm

antennas wrote:Anyone have an issue as well where if you type the address directly to hit the video stream, such as ,http://96.1.26.113:8080/stream/video.mjpg I do get a window asking for user and password, but it never accepts admin and raspberry. So what's going on here?
There's the UV4L Streaming Server behind the scenes. Read through the uv4l-server manual for details and search for the admin password used in the /etc/uv4l/uv4l-raspicam.conf (assuming this is the conf used).

antennas

Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:19 pm

OK cool, good to know. Thanks for the info. I'll go have a look. Appreciate it.

antennas

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:24 pm

I found the config file. But how do I change the system to writeable as it says it is only read only right now. I tried a couple solutions with no luck. Once I can delete the password I think it might work.

Thanks.

TheWaterbug

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:21 pm

ronnyvdbr wrote:Hi, download version v1.7 from my project page at http://ronnyvdbr.github.io/RaspberryIPCamera/
It contains a slider to set the bitrate in h264 mode, with this u can limit the bandwidth consumed while operating and keep a smooth image flow. Mine is currently set to 4 mbits, works like a charm.
Ooooh. This sounds like exactly what I need for my BeeCam project.

Right now it's running MotionEye, but that pumps out a 40 Mbps MJPEG stream, which I need to compress before I serve it out, and MotionEye runs op top of motion, which doesn't currently support GPU-based h.264.

So I'm going to try out your solution.

By the way, your project could use a spiffy logo, especially with a palindromic name like PiiP camera. Or, from my Mac, a maCPiiPCam.

TheWaterbug

Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:37 pm

ronnyvdbr wrote:Hi, download version v1.7 from my project page at http://ronnyvdbr.github.io/RaspberryIPCamera/
It contains a slider to set the bitrate in h264 mode, with this u can limit the bandwidth consumed while operating and keep a smooth image flow. Mine is currently set to 4 mbits, works like a charm.
Hi! I tried all 4 download links, and I'm not getting what I expected. 3 of the 4 links point towards files that are 423.8 MB in size, instead of the suggested 689 MB and the DropBox link 404s.

I installed the Direct package and booted up my Pi, and it reports camera version 1.6., and lacks the BW slider. Something may have gone wrong when you uploaded your new packages.

Thanks!

BTW otherwise the package is very slick! MJPEG through a browser is very fluid, with very low lag, though I think it's probably too much bitrate for my present purposes (though I don't actually know how to figure out the bit rate). I tried opening it in VLC and got the dreaded infinite loop of password requests.

But the h.264 stream looks great in VLC, albeit with about 2-3 seconds of lag. But the bit rate for 640 x 480 @ 30 fps is ~ 1.5 - 2.0 Mbps, which is about where I want it. I look forward to trying v1.7 with the bit rate control once I can download it ;-)

This will be the best BeeCam ever!

antennas

Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:45 am

Anyone figure out how to make the card writeable to kill the password problem?
Ronny hello??

TheWaterbug

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:24 pm

bobq

Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:38 am

Hello everyone
I've downloaded las version but I can't enter with admin and raspberry.

Do you know why?
Do I have to use other password?

Thanks a lor for your help

bobq

Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:57 am

I found my problem.it works perfect.

God job

I am going to use with my nas synology.

rpdom

Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:31 am

bobq wrote:I found my problem.it works perfect.
Would you care to share your solution so others can benefit from it?

bobq

Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:38 am

Hello

I've found my ip address.
After that I wrote my ip in mozilla and the user name and password work correctly.

Right now it's working with my synology.

It's perfect.

Does anyone know if this configurations is valid for all cameras raspberry pi?

I am using camera ip noir.

Thanks a lot

bobq

Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:57 pm

Do you know if it's possible to use our camera with tinycam?

It would be wonderful.

Thanks a lot

salus

Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:12 pm

hi all
am using you image und i must say.. very good work.. thanks a lot for this.. it works like it should stabile and easy to use. :-)
i have a short question: is it also possible to add a usb microphone support for the streams? so that i also get video and sound to record this via synology?
Best wishes

TheWaterbug

Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:16 am

TheWaterbug wrote:
Hi! I tried all 4 download links, and I'm not getting what I expected. 3 of the 4 links point towards files that are 423.8 MB in size, instead of the suggested 689 MB and the DropBox link 404s.

I installed the Direct package and booted up my Pi, and it reports camera version 1.6., and lacks the BW slider. Something may have gone wrong when you uploaded your new packages.
I really wanted to try out v1.7, so I tried to build it from scratch by following directions on the installation.sh exactly. I burned an image of Raspbian Jessie Lite, enabled ssh, and then copied and pasted each command line into my ssh session. Something's not quite right.

The web interface is not starting up, and there's an error message in the boot message stream that reads:

Code: Select all

[FAILED] Failed to start the PHP FastCGI Process Manager.
See 'systemctl status php5-fpm.service for details.
So I did:

[email protected]:~ $ systemctl status php5-fpm.service
● php5-fpm.service - The PHP FastCGI Process Manager
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/php5-fpm.service; enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 1970-01-01 00:00:26 UTC; 47 years 1 months ago
  Process: 604 ExecStartPre=/bin/chgrp www-data /tmp/phpsessions (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Is there a problem with the system time?

"date" appears to return the correct UTC time and date.

I can't run raspi-config, and it looks like all the purging commands in the installation script may have deleted it. I tried sudo apt-get install raspi-config, but it fails with

Selecting previously unselected package libparted2:armhf.
dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:
 unable to open files list file for package `sgml-base': Structure needs cleaning
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
I don't really want to start all the way over with the installation. :x

The camera itself works, as "raspistill" throws up a live image on the attached monitor.

philletourneau

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:52 pm

I'm very appreciative of the work that has gone into this, and I'm really looking forward to getting it up and running on my Pi3.

However if I can make a suggestion, your instructions don't actually cover very basic things, such as which port the web service even runs on for initial configuration.

Also, I followed the instructions on your installation script, however I want to use my Pi for other things, thus I skipped most of the read-only SD card steps, and I'm wondering if that has any impact on the functionality otherwise. Any chance you could post instructions specifically for people who want to run this without a read-only SD card?

antennas

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:20 pm

Ya that would be great since I need to change the password buried in the RTS server and I cannot figure it out so far. Anyone get it done?

Where is the author?????

TheWaterbug

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:56 pm

philletourneau wrote:However if I can make a suggestion, your instructions don't actually cover very basic things, such as which port the web service even runs on for initial configuration.

Also, I followed the instructions on your installation script, however I want to use my Pi for other things, thus I skipped most of the read-only SD card steps, and I'm wondering if that has any impact on the functionality otherwise. Any chance you could post instructions specifically for people who want to run this without a read-only SD card?
I can't speak for the author, but in my own experience the admin interface comes right up on Port 80. Once you log in, the status page gives you the URL for the stream, e.g. rtsp://192.168.1.30:8554.

Re: read only and passwords, I haven't figured that out yet :-( so I just keep it behind my NAT router and forward only the stream port. If I want to admin, I VPN into my home network.

Re: the author, he's been silent since December. It's entirely possible that he has a day job :D

philletourneau

Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:01 pm

I made sure to read through this whole thread, and it seems like the Pi3 is problematic, and it might not help that I was manually setting up my system instead of just using an off the shelf image.

I can't get anything to show on port 80, I get a 502 gateway error.

The author mentions a 1.8 version with Pi3 support in the works, so fingers crossed! I don't set expectations for people who do this in their spare time for no pay :)

Actually what I think would be amazing, is a list of commands or a troubleshooting guide that let's us check every service, from NGIX to RTSP one at a time and diagnose problems, that would be awesome and help people solve their own problems!

So a single FAQ, with commands one can run to check the web service, the camera, the rasp server, etc one at a time to find problems.

Malstrom

Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:40 pm

Hi again.

Running nice for nearly a year now, thanx again!
If I may suggest an improvement:
In the config.txt 128MB of GPU memory are allocated. Since this is a surveillance image for several raspberry pi models, I would like to make it adjustable, s.a. 256MB and 512MB.

Greetz,
Malstrom

TheWaterbug

Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:26 pm

philletourneau wrote:I made sure to read through this whole thread, and it seems like the Pi3 is problematic, and it might not help that I was manually setting up my system instead of just using an off the shelf image.

I can't get anything to show on port 80, I get a 502 gateway error.
I don't think this is a Pi3-specific problem, because I installed the image on a Pi3 and it worked fine. I think the problem is in the install script on the GitHub page. I think it's missing some steps. I went through the entire script, unaltered, and I also got a 502 error. See my post above for more details.

Originally I was trying to run the script without the read-only and cleanup bits, and that wouldn't work, so then I tried running the script unaltered, and it still didn't work. I haven't tried it on my Pi2-B, because that's in active use, but I can't imagine there's anything in the NGINX or PHP setups that's hardware-specific. If I have time this weekend I may try running the script manually on my Pi2-B to prove/disprove this.
The author mentions a 1.8 version with Pi3 support in the works, so fingers crossed! I don't set expectations for people who do this in their spare time for no pay :)
I'm running the 1.6 image. The current download links are labeled 1.7, but the installed version reports 1.6, and it lacks the bandwidth slider that was one of the reported features of 1.7.
Actually what I think would be amazing, is a list of commands or a troubleshooting guide that let's us check every service, from NGNIX to RTSP one at a time and diagnose problems, that would be awesome and help people solve their own problems!

So a single FAQ, with commands one can run to check the web service, the camera, the rasp server, etc one at a time to find problems.
Agreed, but some of this is already there. raspistill will test the camera, and you're already figured out how to test the web server ;)

Re: features, I would love to have:
  1. Text overlays, e.g. time/date stamp, _before_ compression
  2. Push RTSP stream directly to YouTube. Right now I'm running ffmpeg on another machine to ingest the RTSP/h.264 stream and push it out to YouTube, but I'm using -vcodec copy and -acodec copy, so ffmpeg isn't doing much except handing the bits off. If I could figure out how to un-write-protect the image and install ffmpeg without the de-installed package manager I would run this all on the Pi, but it would be even nicer to dispense with ffmpeg and just push the stream to YouTube directly.
  3. Multiple output streams, if this is technically possible. MJPEG is vastly lower latency, so it's better for setup and focusing. But it's also 40 Mbps, which is no good for streaming outside my LAN. It would be great to have MJPEG available on the status page while h.264 is coming out over RTSP, because right now I have to switch the setup back and forth every time I fiddle with the placement of the camera.
But yes, it's a great little package as-is. I tried a few others, and this one gives me the best performance and lowest bandwidth usage in an easy-to-install image.

Here's hoping the author gets some free time and comes back!

TheWaterbug

Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:27 pm

Malstrom wrote:In the config.txt 128MB of GPU memory are allocated. Since this is a surveillance image for several raspberry pi models, I would like to make it adjustable, s.a. 256MB and 512MB.
I'm not familiar with the effects of the allocation. What benefit(s) would more GPU memory have?

philletourneau

Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:32 pm

See, I thought the same, how could this be Pi3 specific...

I downloaded the ready-made image and it works fine on a Pi2B, I haven't tried it on my Pi3 yet.

I really wanted to run this on a Pi3 alongside other tools that require write access to the card.

Malstrom

Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:43 am

TheWaterbug wrote: I'm not familiar with the effects of the allocation. What benefit(s) would more GPU memory have?
Since the RPi camera board is used here, the h.264 encoding is done by the GPU. Increasing the memory results in a bigger cache and more fluent operation and higher fps. In my setup a RPi 2 is used for surveillance only, so I set the GPU memory to 512MB and resolution to 1296x972 @20fps. You can test the best values for your setup by

mount -o rw,remount,rw /
sudo nano /boot/config.txt
scroll down and change the value to your preference

For easier testing I would prefer a slider in the GUI.

Greetz,
Malstrom

TheWaterbug

Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:07 pm

Ok, this worked after doing:

sudo mount -o remount,rw /boot

and then editing /boot/config.txt

Does this increase the GPU pipeline depth and trade FPS for latency?

Return to “Camera board”