chainz

Do I have a faulty csi port?

Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:09 am

I've got a pi4, can't get a pie camera to work at all. I've tried 2 different pi cameras, and 3 different ribbon cables. If I ssh into the pie and use the raspistill command I get the Camera control callback cmd=0x4f525245mmal: No data received from sensor. Check all connections, including the Sunny one on the camera board.

I've made sure everything is connected in the correct ports and the sunny connector is connected correctly. The camera is enabled and running a vcgencmd shows that the camera is detected.

There is no red LED on either the picam 2 or 1 that I have tried.

chainz

Re: Do I have a faulty csi port?

Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:07 am

I figured no one would see it in the original place it was posted. It fits in here. :)

rpdom

Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:14 am

chainz wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:07 am
I figured no one would see it in the original place it was posted. It fits in here. :)
In that case what you should have done is to click the "Report Post" icon and ask that it be moved to the correct place. The moderators are very happy to do that for you. Too late now, They will have to delete the other post instead.

Having two posts on the same subject in different places can get confusing.

Back to the subject: I can't answer your question (except to note that 0x4f525245 equates to "ERRO"). Someone who can will probably be along later, but don't forget it is the weekend so there are fewer people around than there are during the week.
Unreadable squiggle

6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:27 am

Duplicate thread deleted.

"mmal: No data received from sensor. Check all connections, including the Sunny one on the camera board."
means what it says. The firmware can communicate with the sensor over I2C, but after having configured the sensor to send CSI2 data, none has been received after a timeout period.
It is possible for the CSI connections on the Pi to be damaged, typically through static discharge, so swapping out the Pi would be the obvious next diagnostic step.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

chainz

Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:43 am

I dont have another pie I can test but it's the only thing I can think of seeing I've tried everything else suggested in other posts and 2 different pi cams with 3 different ribbon cables.

chainz

Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:23 am

I have just tried another Pi and same thing

Return to “Camera board”