tony1tf

Re: HQ camera as all sky cam

Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:26 pm

I am having problems in the HQ camera display - live or saved, and full size or 2X2 binned - there is a white line across the image about one quarter down, and a red line above it. I have attached part of a screen dump showing this. Does anyone have a fix, please?
Tony
allsky_line.png
allsky_line.png (255.54 KiB) Viewed 327 times

RoboRob

Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:31 pm

switch off the Image Details setting...

tony1tf

Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:03 pm

RoboRob wrote:switch off the Image Details setting...
Wow - that was quick Rob, and it worked - thank you!
Presumably this is bug that can be fixed if we want to see those details?
Tony

6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:57 am

tony1tf wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:03 pm
RoboRob wrote:switch off the Image Details setting...
Wow - that was quick Rob, and it worked - thank you!
Presumably this is bug that can be fixed if we want to see those details?
Tony
Not a bug.

Presumably you've enabled show_shutter and show_analog_gain from MMAL_PARAMETER_CAMERA_ANNOTATE_V4_T
In which case you're using a debug tool that is designed to display how those parameters change over time, both via the text, and via an automatically scaling graph. Your values aren't currently changing, therefore it looks like a flat line.
According to the source It should draw analogue gain as blue, exposure time as red, and lens position as green, with a grey line at the bottom to mark the bottom of the graph.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

spncrs

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:59 pm

The HQ camera is working great as an all sky cam, and I was excited to see the core of the Milky Way show up in the time lapse just before dawn. It took some playing around to get the right color balance, exposure time, etc.
image-20210407053020-2.jpg
image-20210407053020-2.jpg (25.33 KiB) Viewed 139 times
I have some questions about the settings.
1. Is there a mapping between the gain and ISO?
2. The orientation seems to be locked at 0, 90, 180, and 270 degrees. Is it possible to change the orientation to 45 or 60 degrees? My camera is not quite oriented correctly and I was hoping to do this in the settings, but even if I manually edit and put in any value other than the 0, 90, 180 or 270, it reverts back to 0.
3. Is it possible to configure the software to take time lapses during the day as well as night...either as two separate files or one continuous one that somehow autocorrects for the change in brightness? I realize there will be a processing delay to create the time lapse.

Thanks in advance.

RoboRob

Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:47 am

1. Is there a mapping between the gain and ISO?
no

2. The orientation seems to be locked at 0, 90, 180, and 270 degrees. Is it possible to change the orientation to 45 or 60 degrees? My camera is not quite oriented correctly and I was hoping to do this in the settings, but even if I manually edit and put in any value other than the 0, 90, 180 or 270, it reverts back to 0.
This is works by design, rotate your camera manually to line it up with the first applicable 90 angle

3. Is it possible to configure the software to take time lapses during the day as well as night...either as two separate files or one continuous one that somehow autocorrects for the change in brightness? I realize there will be a processing delay to create the time lapse.
No, this is not implemented for the RPi camera.

spncrs

Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:12 am

Thanks for the prompt response. I am confused about gain and ISO. When I use Raspistill I can set the ISO and with the allsky software there is only an option to set the gain.

Nayin

Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:24 pm

Does the Dark Frame option work with the Raspberry HQ? I have tried it with mine it only creates a file called 20.

Return to “Camera board”