btidey

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:36 pm

tk1 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:09 am
btidey wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:39 pm
OK. I'll see if I can restore this in some way.
That would be awesome. Thank you in advance.
tk
Latest version allows the Simple / Full toggle button next to the preview. To get this there is a toggle to enable and disable this under System settings. This will be remembered on a per browser basis.

quavoce

Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:15 pm

btidey wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:51 pm
For the macro do you mean when the whole time-lapse is terminated or after each image. I thought the end-image was called for each image whether time lapse or not. The macro could normally tell which was which from the naming and act accordingly.
Ahh yes I see, I thought that didn't work because it turns out I had misconfigured the lapse_path in /etc/raspimjpeg so it wasn't picking up the right capture path. Thanks for the tip.
btidey wrote:
In my case it was an adaptation to a standard wired doorbell. I used an esp8266 module to detect the push and send instructions onto the raspberry camera via a web access. The relevant part here was just an extra php on the camera which keeps the last 4 snaps and a simple html to display those.

I have an instructable write up on this https://www.instructables.com/id/Door-B ... re-Sensor/
The two camera related files are on the git repository referenced.

I'd be interested in the Telegram stuff if you write it up or maybe add to wiki.
Thanks!! Shame I don't have a wired doorbell otherwise it'd be a great solution!

My Telegram config is too complicated to fully write up at the moment, but I will definitely add something to the wiki because posting messages and photos is quite straight forward.

quavoce

Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:20 am

btidey wrote:
I'd be interested in the Telegram stuff if you write it up or maybe add to wiki.
Please find my writeup here: https://quavoce.wordpress.com/2017/09/2 ... i-web-cam/

The blog post starts with:
Telegram (an IM platform similar to WhatsApp) has the ability to send messages and pictures from your RPi Web Cam to your phone or desktop whenever motion is detected for instant notification. Plus it’s FREE!

Please let me know if any parts of the guide don't make sense and I'll update it.

bfarra

Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:29 pm

I've narrowed down my problems to this: mounting an nfs share to store media files. When I use the default /var/www/media on the SD card, no issues. When I try to mount an nfs share to /var/www/media - which is successful - I get error messages like Error: Could not open/create video-file or Error: Could not disable video port. I am sure it has something to do with permissions. I have made sure that the folder I am mounting is owned by www-data. Any ideas?

bfarra

Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:14 pm

bfarra wrote:
I've narrowed down my problems to this: mounting an nfs share to store media files. When I use the default /var/www/media on the SD card, no issues. When I try to mount an nfs share to /var/www/media - which is successful - I get error messages like Error: Could not open/create video-file or Error: Could not disable video port. I am sure it has something to do with permissions. I have made sure that the folder I am mounting is owned by www-data. Any ideas?
Update: I've tried many different ways of mounting the nfs share - fstab, cron job - and it seems to work for the first time i trigger recording, but only that first time. I'm baffled.

MrGeeJay

Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:57 am

bfarra wrote:
bfarra wrote:
Update: I've tried many different ways of mounting the nfs share - fstab, cron job - and it seems to work for the first time i trigger recording, but only that first time. I'm baffled.
I had some similar issues trying to record to a USB drive. After looking around online, I used the following steps and it has worked for multiple installs.

Add the following line to the end of fstab:
/dev/sda1 /var/www/html/media ext4 nofail,defaults 0 0
Reboot
After reboot:
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/html/media
sudo chmod -R 775 /var/www/html/media
sudo setfacl -Rdm g:www-data:rwx /var/www/html/media
sudo setfacl -Rm g:www-data:rwx /var/www/html/media
Reboot again

quavoce

Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:13 pm

bfarra wrote:
bfarra wrote:
If it helps, here is what I do with NFS mounting a share.

Remote Linux Server
Make the directories where files are stored

Code: Select all

sudo mkdir -p /media/files/cam1
sudo chmod -R 777 /media/files

Edit /etc/exports and set up the share (IPs are my RPi web cams)

/media/files 192.168.0.10(rw,all_squash,insecure,no_subtree_check) 192.168.0.11(rw,all_squash,insecure,no_subtree_check)

RPi Web Cams
Create a h264 folder and set permissions

sudo mkdir /var/www/html/h264
sudo chown www-data:www-data /var/www/html/h264
sudo chmod 755 /var/www/html/h264

Edit /etc/fstab with the following (IP is Linux server)

192.168.0.5:/media/files/cam1   /var/www/html/media   nfs    rw  0  0
Quoted from the wiki:
Normally the raw h264 captures and box operations take place within the same folder. This can cause quite a lot of network traffic and potential problems if the media folder has been remotely mounted. A config option (boxing_path) may be defined as a separate local folder. If that is used then the capture is to the boxing_path folder and the boxing operation is from the boxing_path to the final destination. This limits the network traffic to one pass and also takes it out of the real time capture operation.
As a result, I edit /etc/raspimjpeg and change boxing_path to point to the /var/www/html/h264 folder created above, then restart the Pi.

tk1

Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:03 am

btidey wrote:
Latest version allows the Simple / Full toggle button next to the preview. To get this there is a toggle to enable and disable this under System settings. This will be remembered on a per browser basis.
Sounds great! Forgive my ignorance, how do I get the latest version without a slick and reload? 'apt update/upgrade' won't do it, I assume.

Thank you,
tk1

btidey

Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:51 am

tk1 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:03 am
btidey wrote:
Sounds great! Forgive my ignorance, how do I get the latest version without a slick and reload? 'apt update/upgrade' won't do it, I assume.

Thank you,
tk1
Normally running the ./update.sh script in the RPi install directory should do the job. If there are any problems then just wipe the RPi install directory and git clone and install like done originally. The install will be much faster second time as the prerequisites already exist.

Santo82

Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:54 pm

Can anyone point me to how I could limit connection times? I have some cameras that other users can access using cellular data and remot3.it, but if someone forgets to log off they can quickly burn through the data allowance. I would like to set up each pi to disconnect a user after a certain time has elapsed. I am thinking this would have to be done on the apache side, but I don't really know how. Currently searching the web for a solution, but if anyone knows how to do this it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

bfarra

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:49 pm

quavoce wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:13 pm
bfarra wrote:
bfarra wrote:
If it helps, here is what I do with NFS mounting a share.

Remote Linux Server
Make the directories where files are stored

sudo mkdir -p /media/files/cam1
sudo chmod -R 777 /media/files

Edit /etc/exports and set up the share (IPs are my RPi web cams)

/media/files 192.168.0.10(rw,all_squash,insecure,no_subtree_check) 192.168.0.11(rw,all_squash,insecure,no_subtree_check)

RPi Web Cams
Create a h264 folder and set permissions

sudo mkdir /var/www/html/h264
sudo chown www-data:www-data /var/www/html/h264
sudo chmod 755 /var/www/html/h264

Edit /etc/fstab with the following (IP is Linux server)

192.168.0.5:/media/files/cam1   /var/www/html/media   nfs    rw  0  0
Quoted from the wiki:
Normally the raw h264 captures and box operations take place within the same folder. This can cause quite a lot of network traffic and potential problems if the media folder has been remotely mounted. A config option (boxing_path) may be defined as a separate local folder. If that is used then the capture is to the boxing_path folder and the boxing operation is from the boxing_path to the final destination. This limits the network traffic to one pass and also takes it out of the real time capture operation.
As a result, I edit /etc/raspimjpeg and change boxing_path to point to the /var/www/html/h264 folder created above, then restart the Pi.
Thanks for the info. It seemed to work initially, but now I am back to it not working again. All I get are "Error: Could not disable video port" entries in the log. Also, the few recordings that did work were owned by nobody:nogroup /var/www/media. Why did that happen?

tk1

Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:36 pm

btidey wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:51 am
Normally running the ./update.sh script in the RPi install directory should do the job. If there are any problems then just wipe the RPi install directory and git clone and install like done originally. The install will be much faster second time as the prerequisites already exist.

Worked flawlessly! Thank you very much for doing that!

BTW, this is a superb application, and I really appreciate all the work you've put into this, I'm sure it's much more than most of us imagine.

Thank you again,
tk1

quavoce

Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:24 pm

bfarra wrote:
Thanks for the info. It seemed to work initially, but now I am back to it not working again. All I get are "Error: Could not disable video port" entries in the log. Also, the few recordings that did work were owned by nobody:nogroup /var/www/media. Why did that happen?
See if the following helps - modify the NFS server /etc/exports to have:

(rw,all_squash,insecure,no_subtree_check,anongid=0,anonuid=0)
",anongid=0,anonuid=0" are the extra items to what I had above.
Remember to issue the following commands on the Linux server after changing /etc/exportfs:
exportfs -f
exportfs -r

bfarra

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:05 pm

quavoce wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:24 pm
bfarra wrote:
See if the following helps - modify the NFS server /etc/exports to have:

(rw,all_squash,insecure,no_subtree_check,anongid=0,anonuid=0)
",anongid=0,anonuid=0" are the extra items to what I had above.
Remember to issue the following commands on the Linux server after changing /etc/exportfs:
exportfs -f
exportfs -r
I tried that. The buttons on the web interface look better - brighter instead of dimmed - but still no luck. The first time I send a record command I get Error: Could not open/create video-file and the second time I get Error: Could not disable video port. I tried click Record Image, which worked the first time, but every subsequent time just gave Error: Could not open/create image-file. Interestingly, the one image file that was created in /var/www/media is owned by root:www-data. I have tried many ways to force new files to be owned by www-data:www-data, thinking that might solve the issue. So far, no luck. I know this is a simple permissions issue - either on my nfs server side, or on the rpi side in fstab.

rmac321

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:33 am

Forgive me if if I missed the answer to this somewhere, I've tried a number of variations on search terms.

I can make autocapture take images at a specific interval, but I can't figure out how to get it to stop.
I have the AutoCapture_interval set to 300 (5 minutes)
I'm using the Fixed Times schedule.
I set the first period to take a single image at 11:00am. (Motion Start blank, Motion Stop blank, Period Start "im")
I set the next period to start at 12:00 and use auto capture at the 5 minute autocapture interval (Motion Start "im", Motion Stop blank, Period Start blank)
I set the next period to start at 13:00 and again take a single image. (Motion Start blank, Motion Stop blank, Period Start "im")
Rather than taking a single image at 13:00 and remaining idle, it continues to store images every 5 minutes.
I've tried all kinds of entries for the 3rd period to get the image autocapture to cease, but nothing makes it stop.
What am I missing?
Thanks!
Last edited by rmac321 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

rmac321

[solved] time, timezones, sunrise and sunset

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:01 am

Another one I can't sort out.

My pi has proper time, date and time zone, yet I can't seem to resolve the sunrise and sunset time calculations in the Camera Web Interface.
I have my lat and long entered in the settings. but it gets weird from there.
For starters, I'm in US/CDT, which should be an offset from GMT of -5, but if I enter -5 or US/CDT in the offset, it calculates my sunrise as around midnight and sunset around dawn. If I enter +5 for the offset, the times are closer to correct, but still off. They are then in the right half of the day, but sunrise is over an hour early and sunset about 20 minutes late.
I must have some setting off somewhere, but I'm not sure what it is. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

[solved] The longitude needed to be entered as a negative since it is West and all the rest fell into place.

CJV

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:55 pm

Hi Folks,
I am new to this forum. It seems I have an issue re installation of the software. I have followed the standard installation procedure. However, when I start ./install.sh there seems to be a permission problem. I've found e.g. the following errors:
line 35: install.txt "access refused" , line 36: BASH_XTRACEFD "invalid value 5 ...." , ./config.txt "access refused", ......
Can someone please tell me what permissions I should set in order to get the installation done?
Thanks very much in advance :D

btidey

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am

rmac321 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:33 am
Forgive me if if I missed the answer to this somewhere, I've tried a number of variations on search terms.

I can make autocapture take images at a specific interval, but I can't figure out how to get it to stop.
I have the AutoCapture_interval set to 300 (5 minutes)
I'm using the Fixed Times schedule.
I set the first period to take a single image at 11:00am. (Motion Start blank, Motion Stop blank, Period Start "im")
I set the next period to start at 12:00 and use auto capture at the 5 minute autocapture interval (Motion Start "im", Motion Stop blank, Period Start blank)
I set the next period to start at 13:00 and again take a single image. (Motion Start blank, Motion Stop blank, Period Start "im")
Rather than taking a single image at 13:00 and remaining idle, it continues to store images every 5 minutes.
I've tried all kinds of entries for the 3rd period to get the image autocapture to cease, but nothing makes it stop.
What am I missing?
Thanks!
Once autocapture starts then it will continue until autocapture is manually stopped.

You can achieve what you want by using time lapse. Set interval to 300 seconds. Then start time lapse at 12:00 (tl 1) and stop time lapse at 13:00 (tl 0)

btidey

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:28 am

CJV wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:55 pm
Hi Folks,
I am new to this forum. It seems I have an issue re installation of the software. I have followed the standard installation procedure. However, when I start ./install.sh there seems to be a permission problem. I've found e.g. the following errors:
line 35: install.txt "access refused" , line 36: BASH_XTRACEFD "invalid value 5 ...." , ./config.txt "access refused", ......
Can someone please tell me what permissions I should set in order to get the installation done?
Thanks very much in advance :D
You should'nt normally need to set any specific permissions for the install.

When you get the error line 35: install.txt "access refused" that would indicate that the RPi_Cam_Web_Interface is not allowing files to be written to it.

Are you git cloning into your standard home folder e.g. pi? If you ls -l there you should see a line like

drwxr-xr-x 6 pi pi 4096 Sep 22 11:51 RPi_Cam_Web_Interface

CJV

Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:42 am

Dear btidey,
Thanks for your response! The permission for RPi_Cam_Web_Interface was set for 'root'(?).
After I did a new download the installation went fine and the program runs well!
Rgrds,

rmac321

Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:51 pm

btidey wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:21 am
Once autocapture starts then it will continue until autocapture is manually stopped.

You can achieve what you want by using time lapse. Set interval to 300 seconds. Then start time lapse at 12:00 (tl 1) and stop time lapse at 13:00 (tl 0)
Thanks for the response.
I have a time lapse set up for the 5 minute intervals and I have that working from 11:45 to 12:45 and that is working nicely. I tried to keep my original post from being too confusing, so I may not have described my goal properly.

I'd like the autocapture to take pictures on the hour, which I have working also, but what I can't figure out is how to stop the autocapture. When you say "manually stopped", do you mean that there is no command that can be placed in the schedule that will stop the autocapture of images? Is that because there is no "im 0" command?

In short, what I'd like to do is have two timelapses that have different periods and overlapping start and stop times. Essentially one long timelapse with a period of once an hour with a second timelapse in the middle of that duration that has a period of 5 minutes but lasts only an hour.

FWIW, I couldn't get the scheduler to create a different timelapse period using the tv command. The only thing that seemed to control the timelapse period was the Timelapse-interval setting in the Camera Settings. Maybe I need some advice on how to use the tv command in the scheduler.

Thanks, and thanks to all for making this available. It is a remarkably fun little program!

btidey

Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:29 pm

rmac321 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:51 pm

Thanks for the response.
I have a time lapse set up for the 5 minute intervals and I have that working from 11:45 to 12:45 and that is working nicely. I tried to keep my original post from being too confusing, so I may not have described my goal properly.

I'd like the autocapture to take pictures on the hour, which I have working also, but what I can't figure out is how to stop the autocapture. When you say "manually stopped", do you mean that there is no command that can be placed in the schedule that will stop the autocapture of images? Is that because there is no "im 0" command?

In short, what I'd like to do is have two timelapses that have different periods and overlapping start and stop times. Essentially one long timelapse with a period of once an hour with a second timelapse in the middle of that duration that has a period of 5 minutes but lasts only an hour.

FWIW, I couldn't get the scheduler to create a different timelapse period using the tv command. The only thing that seemed to control the timelapse period was the Timelapse-interval setting in the Camera Settings. Maybe I need some advice on how to use the tv command in the scheduler.

Thanks, and thanks to all for making this available. It is a remarkably fun little program!
tv command to set time lapse interval does work from scheduler commands. The interval is set in 0.1 second units so that to get 5 minutes one would use tv 3000

One could use that just to change the time lapse interval at the required times.

The Autocapture interval effectively simulates a motion start trigger so one would put an im command in the Motion start box for the appropriate interval. However, the scheduler prevents period detection taking place whilst a capture is in progress to avoid getting start and stop commands mixed up. Video recordings have to be start and stopped. Even though this is not the case for images the scheduler does not distinguish between them as there can be multiple commands being executed. Therefore one needs to do a stop command even if just an image is snapped. This is achieved by setting the Max_Capture interval to say 1 second. Max_Capture simulates a motion stop trigger so tells the scheduler the operation is complete.

While testing I found there was an issue if the Autocapture interval was short as that could mean a new capture was triggered before the period check and prevent it stepping onto the next period for a while. I have corrected that in the latest version.

The other technique one can use to get complex captures is to use the scheduler to run a macro script at Management intervals. The script then do its own scheduling logic and then write im commands into the command FIFO when it requires a capture.

Note also that scheduler does period changes after the time has been exceeded so they can start 1 minute late.

d_wazzle

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:57 pm

Hi, new to this forum so I apologize if this is in the wrong place/format.

I am trying to stream data from the RasPi Camera on a RasPi Zero W to a local server that will perform OpenCV processing. I am having a lot of trouble getting the stream to be stable, and I stumbled upon your implementation, which works very well for streaming.

I am wondering how I can use the video that is displayed onto the html page? I am not very experienced with web development, so I do not know how I can grab this video.

If you could point me in the right direction toward getting this stream into a way I can manipulate it in OpenCV, it would be very helpful. Thanks.

btidey

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:38 am

d_wazzle wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:57 pm
Hi, new to this forum so I apologize if this is in the wrong place/format.

I am trying to stream data from the RasPi Camera on a RasPi Zero W to a local server that will perform OpenCV processing. I am having a lot of trouble getting the stream to be stable, and I stumbled upon your implementation, which works very well for streaming.

I am wondering how I can use the video that is displayed onto the html page? I am not very experienced with web development, so I do not know how I can grab this video.

If you could point me in the right direction toward getting this stream into a way I can manipulate it in OpenCV, it would be very helpful. Thanks.
The url to get the mjpeg stream is like

http://ipAddress/cam_pic_new.php?time=1508488256601&pDelay=40000

where pDelay is frame time in microseconds (40000 = 25fps) and time doesn't matter too much. It is just used to ensure the web request is fresh rather than cached.

OpenCV can open a stream from a url request I believe but I haven't tried doing this.

Having said that I think you should still be getting the CV stream direct from camera if that is all you want. There are some good tutorials out there like https://www.pyimagesearch.com/2015/03/3 ... nd-python/

Return to “Camera board”