Spiral

Case with Buttons

Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:52 pm

So I recently received a Canakit ultimate starter kit as a gift, and one of my first projects was setting up a button and LED to control my home IP Cameras motion capture on/off. LED indicating current status, and button toggles it. I've got all the code and wiring for that done and out of the way.

My next step was to search for a case either with integrated buttons/LEDs in the case, or one with openings that are suitable for a button and LED to be placed and secured. I've seached many times over several days but wasn't really able to find anything, which really surprised me since they give you all these buttons and LEDs, but it seems they only intend for people to sort of just play around with wiring circuits/programming on a breakout/breadboard external to your pi and never actually make a final design for something useful/practical? I was pretty surprised nobody has capitalized on that kind of case yet. I suppose this is the main thing I'm looking for - if anyone knows of a case like this. I don't have access to a 3D printer or anything of that sort, so preferably an existing product.

I guess as a final option, I could drill some holes into the case that came with my Canakit... kit, and superglue a button in there. But that's something I'd rather avoid if possible as I'm not sure I have the tools to make the kind of precise cuts into plastic that would need.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

killor

Re: Case with Buttons

Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Hi !!

A year ago this type of enclosure design for the Pi and raspberry Piface
piface_case.jpg
Piface wood case
piface_case.jpg (63.53 KiB) Viewed 3048 times
I made a wooden extensions to push the piface card.

Something like that is what you want? :?:
We have a discount for purchases made in ETSY site :o
Discount Codes :MAYTHE4TH :!:

Return to “Other projects”