koste

Re: Touchscreens for Raspberry Pi

Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:37 am

Hi there, I'm sure you can give me an advice on what is going on...
Here is the story
I've got an EloTouch 2244L with APR touch.
Raspberry with raspian updated
DMESG output gives me Elo TouchSystems 2515 iTouch Plus USB touchmonitor as /devices/platform/bcm2708/.......
hid.multitouch input,hiddev0,hidraw2......

The point is: it doesn't get any signal when I tap on it...
I've installed xinput_calibrator and it looks like it sees it but no touch is recognized...

Any help please!!!

w8jcik

Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:41 am

I think the problem might be similar to mine. My Elo 1541L introduces itself under the same controller name and it also doesn't work. The module hid_multitouch obviously doesn't work with this monitor despite of being matched with it. I was trying to enable quite random quirks inside kernel but it didn't help.

If only one finger touch would be enough for you I have written simple userspace driver in Node.js. Unfortunatelly it requires kernel with non Raspbian flag DEBUG_FS and few other system packages.

https://bitbucket.org/w8jcik/elo/src/0e ... elo.coffee

I cannot check for you if the README is complete as I don't have any RPi right now, but it was working some time ago. The performance can also be poor with recent version. I am not sure.

koste

Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Woow! Thank you very much for the reply!
I'll try to use what you gave me asap and I'll let you know! Merry Christmas!
Luca

Fri

Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:36 am

Hi,

I am looking for a Touchscreen for a project that at least have 7". I am quite new with the Raspberry but I read that some of you got it working. I am quite interested in this ones:

http://www.chalk-elec.com/?page_id=1280 ... d=14647624

But they seem to be out of stock. I sent them an email but not answer so far. Do you know if they continue selling them?

I also read that some of you recommend this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-SAMSUNG-7-L ... 0659973152

Is working without many problems?

Do you know how much time do they take to receive the product in Europe?

Thank you very much!

byrdmanlk

Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:41 pm

I have a Dell Studio One that I have taken apart and have the LCD working great with a video board now I am trying to make the touch screen that was installed work with my pi. I was able to make the old connector into a usb cable and I have it plugged into the pi When I boot the pi it beeps letting me know the touch panel has power but when I us lsusb command it does not see anything. Anyone have any idea how I can make the pi see this touch panel? Thanks

zunguri

Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:18 am

Just an FYI for anyone looking for a larger touchscreen.

The Dell E2014T 20" touchscreen monitor http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod ... u=858-BBBE has been going on sale for $159.95 lately. To my surprise, I plugged it into a Pi running Raspbian and it just worked flawlessly.

gmathijs

Fri May 02, 2014 9:52 am

zunguri wrote:Just an FYI for anyone looking for a larger touchscreen.

The Dell E2014T 20" touchscreen monitor http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod ... u=858-BBBE has been going on sale for $159.95 lately. To my surprise, I plugged it into a Pi running Raspbian and it just worked flawlessly.
Dear Zunguri,

Could you please give some more details about your experience with the dell screen? How did you actually connect the screen? Through HDMI and then for the touch function itself? Did you have to install any drivers or so?

I would highly appreciate your response.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,
Glenn

BAStumm

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:19 am

I purchased this same dell e2014t monitor for use with the RPi. The touch does work, but not sure multi touch works. All I did was plug it in, no special drivers. Looking for advice on how to make raspian more touch friendly. And is there a way to calibrate the touch? It seems off a bit. How would I set it so when you click a text box (url box in web browser for example) that the on screen keyboard pops up?

Connections are HDMI and USB. Seems to work well and is a nice size screen.

Chris-mc

Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Hello everyone

I am thinking of putting pi b+ with touchscreen in my car,and then
connecting it to the obd2 port,for showing liva data.

first step,witch board,quickly found out that raspberry was the best option
and than the b+ version.

but than,witch touchscreen to use? most of the screen are for the first
version,i am hoping to find a 7inch hdmi touchscreen,but are they all
compatible witch the b+ version,and has anyone got a link where
to buy them?

BAStumm

Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:00 pm

More on Dell e2014t touch monitor...

So I can confirm that with the default driver chosen by Raspian that multipoint touch does not work. I've yet to find a solution to make the virtual keyboard pop up when a text input box is selected, but still hoping to find a way. I believe I will be using matchbox keyboard after testing a few others. I read somewhere that in my custom made app I can make calls the the matchbox keyboard via gtk2 which I was already using for my app. I would prefer to have this feature work for any application such as web browser or word processor, etc.

If you have a black border with this monitor and touch seems off a bit then enable overscan (disable_overscan=0 in /boot/config.txt) but set the left, top, etc values to 0. no black border and touch is more accurate.

Will update as I learn more.

BAStumm

Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:21 pm

matchbox-keyboard allows this auto popup feature when run in daemon mode... ie:

"matchbox-keyboard -d"

I am pretty sure some X related config file can be edited to auto run at startx.

BAStumm

Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:31 pm

Initially I had some trouble with autostarting matchbox-keyboard after startx, the keyboard was TINY and not usable. I've worked around this by adding a delay to the start of the keyboard. Edit a file /home/pi/.config/autostart/matchbox-keyboard.desktop to have the following:

Code: Select all

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=Virtual Keyboard
Exec=bash -c "sleep 3;matchbox-keyboard -d &"

mosttly

Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:16 pm

BAStumm wrote:Initially I had some trouble with autostarting matchbox-keyboard after startx, the keyboard was TINY and not usable. I've worked around this by adding a delay to the start of the keyboard. Edit a file /home/pi/.config/autostart/matchbox-keyboard.desktop to have the following:

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=Virtual Keyboard

Hi BAStumm,

Thank you for your answer; I tried implementing the same and it seems to be working fine with midori browser.
But somehow I am unable to get the keyboard on top layer when the browser is in fullscreen mode ("F11").
The keyboard appears but remains in the background, hence can't be used for typing.

Any pointers for this situation. :geek:
Learning Begets Learning

BAStumm

Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:31 pm

I can confirm same behavior here but have no answers unfortunately. Will investigate and report my findings.

mosttly

Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:47 pm

I am able to get matchbox-keyboard to work by using it along with matchbox-windows-manager and chromium running in app mode; but again I am stuck at the "PASSWORD FIELD" issue. Whenever I need to enter data in any other field the keyboard appears but not for the password field; very strange behaviour :shock: .
Learning Begets Learning

BAStumm

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:13 pm

The Desktop Login password field or a password you enter into the chromium browser? Matchbox-keyboard doesn't start until after the user has logged into the RPi based on the way I am starting it so no keyboard for desktop login.

mosttly

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:52 am

BAStumm wrote:The Desktop Login password field or a password you enter into the chromium browser? Matchbox-keyboard doesn't start until after the user has logged into the RPi based on the way I am starting it so no keyboard for desktop login.
It is for "a password you enter into the chromium browser?"; any website with login and password can act as a valid example
Learning Begets Learning

BAStumm

Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:06 pm

I will explore this as soon as I have the ability. Right now I am unable to test. I can tell you that password fields in my proprietary software works as expected. My project does not require use of a web browser so I have no experience with the matchbox-keyboard and internet sites. Will update as soon as I have an opportunity to review this problem.

BAStumm

Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:00 pm

I've still had occasional problems with the matchbox keyboard coming up very, very small... I've increased the sleep time to 5 in my bash script below. Hoping that helps.
BAStumm wrote:Initially I had some trouble with autostarting matchbox-keyboard after startx, the keyboard was TINY and not usable. I've worked around this by adding a delay to the start of the keyboard. Edit a file /home/pi/.config/autostart/matchbox-keyboard.desktop to have the following:

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=Virtual Keyboard

TinyMonsterStudios

Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:45 pm

Hello everyone. I am looking for a touch screen in the 13-15inch range. So far I have only found screens ranging from 7inch-10inches that are known to be compatible.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction for some larger Raspberry Pi compatible touch screens?

Thanks and cheers!

BAStumm

Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:27 pm

You might see what dell is offering in that range. There are at least two of us using Dell e2014t touchscreen monitors and they work great. These are 19.5" though.

SirNight

Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:22 pm

BAStumm wrote:You might see what dell is offering in that range. There are at least two of us using Dell e2014t touchscreen monitors and they work great. These are 19.5" though.
Hi,
Do you need to install driver for Dell E2014T ? Does it work as plug&use like a mouse ?

BAStumm

Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:14 pm

Plug and play. At least that is the case with Raspbian. Uses hid_multitouch driver.

AllDig

Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:50 pm

Does anybody have a drawing showing all relevant measurements for this display.
I'ts the Samsung LMS700kf07-004 which seems to be a good 7" touch display for the raspi.

DirkS

Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:03 pm

AllDig wrote:Does anybody have a drawing showing all relevant measurements for this display.
I'ts the Samsung LMS700kf07-004 which seems to be a good 7" touch display for the raspi.
http://www.panelook.com/LMS700KF07_SAMS ... _7219.html
http://www.beyondinfinite.com/lcd/Libra ... 00KF07.pdf

Return to “Other projects”