danneman

DoorAccessControl

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:25 am

Hi there.

I just want to share my project I have been doing for a month since I got my Rpi. Together with an Arduinoplatform this can be used as an access control for your home/garage/office etc. Anything that can be controled by a relay (Im planning on putting this on my officedoor). The Pi is the central unit wich controls the relaycard with communication through a RS485 line (FTDI USB/Serial). The Pi can then be attached to internet and I am planning on doing a Php-apache-Gui so you can browse to your Pi and control your home and give some users access to the door or event open the door remotely.

I made this relaycard with headers so an Arduino Mega can be attached. This is the controlunit for the two Mifare Readers attached to it, and it communicates with the Pi. With the RS485 communication you can attach about 128 devices to the bus so you can expand.
img2.JPG
img1
img2.JPG (57.12 KiB) Viewed 3483 times
This is the complete system. The Pi in the background connected to the Arduino-relaycard and two Mifare readers in the foreground.
img1.JPG
Complete system
img1.JPG (53.1 KiB) Viewed 3483 times
My plan is to develope the userinterface (Php Apache website). Together with a MySQL database on the Pi it will have "endless" of posibilities.

I will be working on this whole summer so you will probobly hear from me later.
/Daniel

gbr

Re: DoorAccessControl

Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:29 pm

Hello danneman,

Did you make some progress on this project?
I'm realy interested!

danneman

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:28 am

gbr wrote:Hello danneman,

Did you make some progress on this project?
I'm realy interested!
Hi.

Yes, a lot of progress. I made a python application that connects to a USB/RS485 cable and talks to a set of my relaycards. I implemented a modified ModBus protocol and in the bottom of all there is a MySQL database. I am not satisfied with the response time (I think it is because python is interpretating) so I am working on a C++ version instead.
I also made a graphical python application that gives the user information about the activites from the connected doors by connecting a monitor to the Pi.

I am sorry that I can't post any code here because there has been some corporate interests in this product :cry:

My plan is for now to make a PCB for the PI wich gives it RTC and RS485 capabilities onboard.

Work in progress
/Daniel

Thoudahl

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:54 am

Hi danneman,

quite exiting project. I have been looking in to something along that line, but allow me to ask: can you share a component list?

thx

danneman

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Thoudahl wrote:Hi danneman,

quite exiting project. I have been looking in to something along that line, but allow me to ask: can you share a component list?

thx
Hello Thx

I would be happy to give you some help with your project. But first tell me a little bit about yourself and what kind of project tou are working on? Why I need to know is because I might want something back in return. Like some improvement in the design or code;-)
Or even better a opening on another market because this is now in production and on its way out on the market in Sweden.

It will be known as a "Cloud" door access system.

/Daniel

jpmathew

Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:58 pm

hello Daniel:
I have placed order for a FTDI USB cable so that I can attach it to my Raspberry Pi.
I am making a small Educational experiment, and would like to get some help with Python interface for the FTDI USB cable.
Appreciate your help with a sample code for addressing a multidrop RS485.
Thanks
Joseph Mathew
Kolkata

danneman

Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:47 pm

Hello Joseph Mathew.

I downloaded pySerial

#sudo apt-get install pySerial

Then I put this in the header

Code: Select all

import serial
And then I use it with:

Code: Select all

ser = serial.Serial( port = lines[x],
                                baudrate = 57600,
                                parity=serial.PARITY_NONE,
                                stopbits=serial.STOPBITS_ONE,
                                bytesize=serial.EIGHTBITS,
                                timeout=0.2
                                )
ser.open()
readByte = ser.read(1)
Good luck
/Daniel

danneman

Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Hello everybody.

I have a litle update of my expansionboard. At this point I have all the Schematics and PCB routing ready and I am thinking of order a first batch of manufactured pcb's.

You can find information about the expansionboard on http://www.expansionboard.org

/Daniel

Return to “Other projects”