mrlinux2u

Camera case For B+

Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:11 pm

Hi All,

I've attached some pics of my new all-in-one Raspberry Pi B+ and camera module too see what you think. This design is meant to keep your Pi & Camera from looking like your typical security camera (my other half reckons it looks like the back of a carriage clock when seen from outside the window).

It has two seperate mounting position's for the camera, either front-on, or side on (put your Pi in a book case?), the bottom is left open so you can access the hdmi port for setting up your Pi, and the power cable (in the final version) can be routed through the side panel below the usb/ethernet ports.

This version is made from laser MDF, and as you can see - I can also print directly onto the MDF - giving me the chance to fully customise the look.

If there's enough interest I'll do a small production run - price's haven't been set, but they will be competitive, so if you're interested just PM me.

Cheers for now

mrlinux2u
Attachments
mdf-pi-3.jpg
mdf-pi-3.jpg (49.89 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
mdf-pi-2.jpg
mdf-pi-2.jpg (46.21 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
mdf-pi-1.jpg
mdf-pi-1.jpg (35.65 KiB) Viewed 2013 times

mrlinux2u

Re: Camera case For B+

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:46 am

I've now refined my design and hopefully made it a better case all-round.

This version routes the micro-usb cable out the same side as the usb/ethernet ports, keeps the power cable safe inside the case. It also has a side mount for the camera as well as the front mount.

See what you think..

Cheers

mrlinux2u
Attachments
campi-5.jpg
campi-5.jpg (31.42 KiB) Viewed 1874 times
campi-4.jpg
campi-4.jpg (35.49 KiB) Viewed 1874 times
campi-3.jpg
campi-3.jpg (27.11 KiB) Viewed 1874 times

Return to “Other projects”