Bikko

xbox original eeprom

Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi

Is there anyway to get the raspberry pi to read the eeprom data. on original xbox?

Forgotten01

Re: xbox original eeprom

Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:20 pm

Probably not, but what exactly are you trying to do?
Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems.
Scott Adams

Bikko

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:01 pm

Read the eeprom data that is on the chip

redhawk

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:21 pm

I don't own an xbox but from this YouTube video it would appear you need a serial (COM port) cable attached to the motherboard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlUleIMGx_k
The Pi does support serial communications but only with TTL levels 3.3v for 5v you're going to need a logic level converter or as an alternative use a USB based serial port.
As for software I have no idea but I would imagine someone has written a Linux based program to read the eeprom just like Windows.

Richard S.

Forgotten01

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:58 pm

If the xbox works, then you can softmod it using mech assault, 007 agent under fire, or splinter cell and a softmod package. Don't use the platinum version of any of those because the exploit will have been patched.

If you have made a backup of your EEPROM, then you could just FTP into your xbox's C drive and recover it....

I had to do this myself in order to unlock my xbox's hard drive for other purposes, and I probably wasted a whole week trying to do this before I found the proper tutorial
Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems.
Scott Adams

Return to “Other projects”