imica

Aros (Open source Amiga) running on my Raspberry Pi video

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:14 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COUrcZat6oc

Here is my setup based originally on the Aros Broadway X from Pascal, it is to show how Aros is integrated into Linux to give the best of both worlds. My aim is to create a development platform for Arm powered Aros and give Aros access to high speed 3d and 1080p quality video on this amazing little $35 computer.

Skedone

Re: Aros (Open source Amiga) running on my Raspberry Pi vide

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:01 am

please provide more detailed setup i so want to get that running on my pi (did not even know that distro) used to be a hard core amiga user still have most of them

DexOS

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:26 pm

Let me get this straight, this is linux hosted Aros ?, right.
I do have a problem with that, its killing alternative OS's, every C coded OS is slowly using part of linux or running on top of linux.
Yes its very hard keeping up with changing hardware, but its also very miss leading.
If you just say your a linux distro then thats fine.
syllable also uses linux and so did SkyOS use linux, until it died.

Example The topic should of read
"Aros (Open source Amiga) running on Linux, running on my Raspberry Pi video"
Batteries not included, Some assembly required.

mixedfruit

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:07 pm

lets hope Aros does not need linux for long though, and turns into a stand alone os. I for one can not stand linux with its scattery distros and addons/rubbish drivers(and lack of!), makes it a pain to do anything without wasting hours and hours trying to figure out how to do it..... we need an Amiga type simplistic os for ease of use and better standardisation!

Return to “Other projects”