shoumard

video like the RC planes

Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:48 pm

How can I send video to an Android like the RC planes and helicopters do?
I have seen toys that send video, how would Rpi do it?
Why dose the camera have a finite amount of run time?
Stephen

redhawk

Re: video like the RC planes

Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:01 pm

shoumard wrote:How can I send video to an Android like the RC planes and helicopters do?
I've never seen anyone send video feeds to an Android device this is usually from an analogue TV transmitter to TV receiver or pre-recorded footage with a camera like the camera 808 #11, #16.
It maybe possible to communicate video with a Wifi dongle but this brings up 2 issues: a) video delays due to buffering of compressed / decompressed video data, b) signal strength of Wifi would need to be pretty good to keep the transmission rate high and free from packet errors.
Why dose the camera have a finite amount of run time?
Battery life, video cameras use quite a bit of power even more so when compressing video data.

Richard S.

shoumard

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:59 pm

The Pi camera only lets you record for a certain amount of time.
It is set in the program

kmillar82

Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:01 am

I thought of this too, theres a weight issue as well. I was thinking of trying and using a 4g connection for this, and since its already running and in the air, might as well interface the controls too.

ghans

Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:42 am

A 4G planecam based on a Pi will suffer from latency , battery runtime and weight problems.
It doesn't sound very feasible to me.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

Return to “Other projects”