Harry07

CCTV MAGNIFIER

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:12 pm

Hello everybody!

Well what I have in mind is making a CCTV MAGNIFIER, in order to help people who are visually impaired but not blind, it is call low vission. Basically, I need a TV ( RCA o even HDMI input), a processing device (I choose rasberry pi) and a camera. My target consist in reading text (from a magazine, an article or whatever the people with low vission wants) throught the camera, then process that video signal, so the text is displayed in white in a black background and so big as the person needs. Well do anybody have suggestions ? jaj I would be glad if so!

P.D: Sorry for my english, I don't practice it enough

riskpw

Re: CCTV MAGNIFIER

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:02 am

good nice idea.

i think, the idea is can connect google voice API project.
and pi camera can use v4l2 driver.

finally, cctv manager program is can use zonemider.

ghans

Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:21 am

Are you sure that video capture devices work well enough
on the Pi to make your project feasible ?

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

Harry07

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Thanks both for you replies!

I'll check about google voice API project, sounds interesting and also zoneminder program.
Then, about the camera I thought any webcam with USB output would fit ok. But it seems not to be exactly that way. So maybe de pi camera could be a good option, otherwise I could choose between those I find in the following link:

http://elinux.org/RPi_USB_Webcams

Thank you both again!

hshorst

Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:20 pm

Hello,

Did you end up making one of these? I would like to make a magnifier like this for my Dad for Christmas and I happen to have an extra pi zero and a monitor. Seems like this should work very nicely.

ctrlw

Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:58 pm

hshorst wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:20 pm
Hello,

Did you end up making one of these? I would like to make a magnifier like this for my Dad for Christmas and I happen to have an extra pi zero and a monitor. Seems like this should work very nicely.

Hi hshorst,

I've just published a description how I built a video magnifier on Raspberry Pi: http://www.fhack.org/2018/12/19/raspber ... fier-2018/
Hope you still have the time till Christmas, or at least a project for the holidays!
Let me know if it works

All the best,
Markus

Return to “Other projects”