danibb22

Decoding from sd card to rpi

Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Hello all
I recording in my computer some audio file. I plan to copy this file to the Raspber PI.
I connect to some public address system with audio RCA from the raspberry pi and i want to play the sound whenever i want this can be done?

Re: Decoding from sd card to rpi

Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:46 pm

danibb22 wrote:Hello all
I recording in my computer some audio file. I plan to copy this file to the Raspber PI.
I connect to some public address system with audio RCA from the raspberry pi and i want to play the sound whenever i want this can be done?
Or in other words you want to attempt the very very trivial task of just playing an audio file........

By the way, RCA is just the yellow plug on the pi, thats video only. You want the headphone jack next to it (or better still a USB soundcard or the HDMI port as some people have had issues with the headphone jack).

But yes, all you need to do is play an audio file. This is such a trivial and simple task that I am honestly astonished to see the question being asked on a forum.

cae2100

Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:27 am

I usually use xmms for playing music/audio files/media streams on the raspberry pi, here's a guide on how to install it:
http://cae2100.wordpress.com/2013/03/28 ... pberry-pi/
then just use a thumb drive or whatever and you can just play it off of that, or you can copy it over and play it that way if you wish.
If it isnt smoking and blown into pieces, it's not pushed far enough yet. :P
http://cae2100.wordpress.com

klricks

Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:50 am

6677 wrote:
danibb22 wrote:Hello all
Or in other words you want to attempt the very very trivial task of just playing an audio file........

By the way, RCA is just the yellow plug on the pi, thats video only. You want the headphone jack next to it (or better still a USB soundcard or the HDMI port as some people have had issues with the headphone jack).

But yes, all you need to do is play an audio file. This is such a trivial and simple task that I am honestly astonished to see the question being asked on a forum.
It sounds to me like the OP wants to use the RPi play prerecorded messages over a PA system at some time interval or possibly at programmed times. Just guessing... Need more info from OP...
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated RPiOS Buster w/ Desktop OS.

Return to “Other projects”