modmypi
Authorised Reseller
Authorised Reseller

Re: ModMyPi Raspberry Pi Cases

Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:22 am

We are running the first of three ebay auctions for the ModMyPi Prototype Raspberry Pi cases today! First one is for case 2/10.

All money raised over these three auctions will be going straight to the Raspberry Pi Foundation

If your interested, you can check out the auction HERE.

It's a nice opportunity to get a pretty unique case for you Raspberry Pi!
Raspberry Pi Cases for your Raspberry Pi! Unique, colourful, customisable designs available from ModMyPi now!

Distorted Vision

Thu May 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if the ModMyPi cases haved started to be shipped. I placed on an order about a month ago and paid by Paypal but I haven't heard anything since.

modmypi
Authorised Reseller
Authorised Reseller

Thu May 17, 2012 10:02 am

Distorted Vision wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if the ModMyPi cases haved started to be shipped. I placed on an order about a month ago and paid by Paypal but I haven't heard anything since.
You should have received an order confirmation and an email updating you on our progress? If you haven't received either, PM me your email address and I'll check it out for you.

Basically we are still waiting on injection moulding tooling to be manufactured, which is unfortunately quite a lengthy process. We are expecting tooling to be completed between the 24th and 26th May, which subsequently means that manufacture and hence distribution should start very soon after that! Fingers crossed we don't have any issues with the first prototype batch.

The wait is very frustrating for us and everyone waiting, so my apologies.

ModMyPi
Raspberry Pi Cases for your Raspberry Pi! Unique, colourful, customisable designs available from ModMyPi now!

Lorian

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:33 pm

Any update on manufacturing?

Theladdie

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:23 pm

Was going to ask the same thing

BBsan2k

Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Somewhere I read, that mass production will start on June 15 - so the first cases should be delivered in late June I think

PaulCheffus

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:13 pm

BBsan2k wrote:Somewhere I read, that mass production will start on June 15 - so the first cases should be delivered in late June I think
Hi

From memory that was in an email I was sent when I ordered mine.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

modmypi
Authorised Reseller
Authorised Reseller

Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:13 pm

Correct, we're starting production on the 15th June! Apologies for the delay, but we're getting there (at last :roll: ).

modmypi
Authorised Reseller
Authorised Reseller

Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:42 pm

Hey everyone,

Got a quick update with some pictures of the injection moulding mould and the T1 sample run. Looking to start distribution at the start of next week and clear our pre-orders by the end of the month :)

Injection Mould Tooling. That's a lot of hardened steel, good for around 100,000 units :o

T1 Samples to check fit and function. Need to iron out a couple of minor issues and add the external finish:

Some more information and discussion on the ModMyPi Blog and the ModMyPi Facebook!

Lorian

Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:18 pm

Did anyone get delivery yet?

PaulCheffus

Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:21 pm

Lorian wrote:Did anyone get delivery yet?
Hi

Nope still waiting for mine but I can't think it will be much longer :D

Cheers

Paul

thradtke

Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:16 pm

I was able to try a T1 sample. It makes a good impression already, can't wait for the final case :-).
Rocket Scientist.

BenWiley4000

Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:09 pm

I'm waiting for my pre-order, but perhaps since I live in the US, it will be next year when I get it...

PaulCheffus

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:52 pm

Hi

According to Twitter orders placed in March/April will be shipped by Monday and May/June by the end of next week. There are also pictures of finished cases on Facebook. They look very good.
https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/modmypi
https://www.facebook.com/ModMyPi

Cheers

Paul

walleee

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:36 pm

Bit of a pity about the whitish line above the power symbol, I wonder will that remain in further batches or will QC improve....

modmypi
Authorised Reseller
Authorised Reseller

Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:42 am

We're currently working through our pre-orders as fast as possible, got a massive batch going out on Monday, so a lot more people should have them during next week.

Here's a few more pic's just for you guys:

Image Image Image Image Image

With regards to that 'line' next to the power symbol, it is a minor flow pattern due to a change in height of the internals of the case. This causes a slight change in texture reflectivity which is highlighted in some pictures. We'll call it the first edition marking :D

walleee

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:43 pm

:lol:

Doesn't look quite so bad in some of the latest pictures actually, and otherwise looks great, fair play. ;)

thexman

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:58 pm

been looking forward to receiving it for sooooooo long it better be Good i think it will be but still what a wait.

i got all the rest of the items early just so i could use the pi for stuff faster. thanks Modmypi for early delivery anyways.
one armed controls engineer, my grammar is bad but lets face it most keyboards don't suit a one armed man

HashberryPee

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:10 am

Anyone received a case yet?

PaulCheffus

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:59 am

HashberryPee wrote:Anyone received a case yet?
Hi

Several mentions on Facebook and Twitter of people receiving theirs. Not got mine yet but I guess it won't be long.

Cheers

Paul

thexman

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:57 pm

recived my case how ever the case was just stuffed in a bubble wrap A4 envelope and the good old post man stamped on it threw ut across the sorting hall and all the usual things that happen at the royal mail depots at least they didnt steal it however it did manage to get to me in two parts fitted but the case close lines arnt close looks like its distorded after the moulding maybe ill speak with the Vendor later on working away on the olympics for the next few weeks. :D
one armed controls engineer, my grammar is bad but lets face it most keyboards don't suit a one armed man

itsonlyme

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Received my case today, battered and torn envelope but case undamaged. Ordered and paid 17 May but only acknowledged on 6 June.

Pi installed, put in final location, and all re-connected in under 5 minutes. Fits like a glove, no problems although my Maplin Mini to Micro USB adapter is a very, very tight fit in the power slot.

Good value for money

9/10 for case, but ModMyPi folks, when you have caught up put a little polish on your customer service.

Malcolm

piglet

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Any chance of a clear case?

PaulCheffus

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:56 pm

PaulCheffus wrote:
HashberryPee wrote:Anyone received a case yet?
Hi

Several mentions on Facebook and Twitter of people receiving theirs. Not got mine yet but I guess it won't be long.

Cheers

Paul
Hi

Quick update.

Mine arrived today as I was returning back to work after lunchtime so haven't yet had chance to try it out but it looks very, very nice.

Cheers

Paul

ukscone
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:16 pm

still waiting for mine. nowt from the postie today in sunny nyc so maybe tomorrow

[update: just got an email about it so it should be soonish :) ]

Return to “Other projects”