castalla

Re: ModMyPi Raspberry Pi Cases

Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:31 pm

Thanks .... I'll get one, I think!

I found a white Toshiba class 4 at Amazon Germany but the postage doubles its price.

Montala

Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:46 pm

castalla wrote:Found one! But it's Class 10 - is that appropriate?
If it is from a reputable UK seller, then please share your findings.

Thanks! :)

castalla

Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:09 pm

No, it's available only from Amazon.es

Montala

Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:41 pm

castalla wrote:No, it's available only from Amazon.es
Thanks... guess I will just have to make do with the 'standard' blue ones then! :)

jrt_ms1995

Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:33 pm

:cry:
Still awaiting my NCSU red & white case ordered 29/6 for delivery in U.S. Perhaps since I'm posting this it will arrive today so I'll have to come back and eat my words!

castalla

Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Well, I've gone totally white - ordered white SD card and a white ethernet cable!

Perhaps I should rename the little marvel to Snowberry Pi ???

exartemarte

Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:49 pm

jrt_ms1995 wrote::cry:
Still awaiting my NCSU red & white case ordered 29/6 for delivery in U.S. Perhaps since I'm posting this it will arrive today so I'll have to come back and eat my words!
NCSU?

ModMyPi cases are being sent - I ordered mine 8 July and it arrived (in UK) a couple of days ago.

By way of a yardstick, I posted a small package first class from the UK to an address in N Carolina on 26 July and it still hasn't been delivered.

jrt_ms1995

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:05 pm

exartemarte wrote:
NCSU?

ModMyPi cases are being sent - I ordered mine 8 July and it arrived (in UK) a couple of days ago.

By way of a yardstick, I posted a small package first class from the UK to an address in N Carolina on 26 July and it still hasn't been delivered.
Yes, '82 and '95; go Pack! "NCSU" = "North Carolina State University" for those unfamiliar.

I did receive a bulk e-mail last week advising all June and the first week of July orders had shipped, but it just hasn't arrived yet.

exartemarte

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:33 pm

jrt_ms1995 wrote:
exartemarte wrote:
NCSU?

Yes, '82 and '95; go Pack! "NCSU" = "North Carolina State University" for those unfamiliar.

I did receive a bulk e-mail last week advising all June and the first week of July orders had shipped, but it just hasn't arrived yet.
I had a quick glance at the website - now your reference to "my NCSU red & white case" makes sense!

jrt_ms1995

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:10 pm

exartemarte wrote:
I had a quick glance at the website - now your reference to "my NCSU red & white case" makes sense!
But still no case when I arrived home this evening. :cry:

modmypi
Authorised Reseller
Authorised Reseller

Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:02 am

jrt_ms1995 wrote:
exartemarte wrote:
If you don't receive it soon send us an email [email protected] and we'll another unit sent out to you ASAP :)
Raspberry Pi Cases for your Raspberry Pi! Unique, colourful, customisable designs available from ModMyPi now!

jrt_ms1995

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:02 pm

modmypi wrote:
jrt_ms1995 wrote:
exartemarte wrote:
If you don't receive it soon send us an email [email protected] and we'll another unit sent out to you ASAP :)
Received today. Case is fine; very slight movement of the board but less than I expected based on a few earlier posts. I'll be e-mailing sales though as another item (UK to US mains adapter) was not received.
Thanks,
John

speculatrix

Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:37 am

For reference, ordered mine on 12 June, they arrived (in France) this morning.

daveg

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:11 am

I've noticed the rectangular recess inside the lid where the cut outs for the LEDs are and thought there maybe a reason for it.
I was thinking that it would be nice to have some injection moulded "light pipes" that fit in the cutouts.

npch

Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:03 pm

Ordered my (raspberry red) ModMyPi case on the 14th August, delivered yesterday (21st). I'm in the UK.

First impressions are good - it's very robust and a pretty good fit (there's a little bit of wiggling when plugging in the ethernet cable or something into the USB ports). Monitoring for heat dissipation now: so far, so good.

Multisaft7

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:37 am

hey guys 1 question , i want to order a modmypi case for me @ germany

and i also ordered this pipes

http://www.hengsching.de/kai/ebay/kk_14-1.jpg

they are 10mm height...is there after i glued the pipes enough space for the case?

meistervision

Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:07 pm

Just got my hands on an all white version here in the US. I have a green one on order for my 2nd Pi :P. These are really well designed and made cases for the Pi. I posted a demo/review of my case: http://youtu.be/WpEOIrFHz9Q

daveg

Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:20 pm

Multisaft7 wrote:hey guys 1 question , i want to order a modmypi case for me @ germany

and i also ordered this pipes

http://www.hengsching.de/kai/ebay/kk_14-1.jpg

they are 10mm height...is there after i glued the pipes enough space for the case?
I don't have my pi with me to measure for you, but I'm pretty sure you should be ok. As long as the heatsink is below the top of the Ethernet and USB ports you will be fine

Pendor

Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:36 pm

Got mine last week. Looks great.
modmypi wrote:It is a tolerance gap left for slight variations in PCB sizes. Some of the boards we measured varied as much as 2mm from one end to the other. We thought it better to leave a .5mm edge clearance rather than risking people's boards not fitting in.

Feedback's been really positive so far, so thanks to everyone for supporting us! I think the main criticism highlighted is excessive tolerance in the vertical direction, hence some maraca like qualities on some boards.

We've listened (as we want people to be happy with their cases), and are currently working through this with the addition of a small bump on the internal side of the USB hood. This acts to hold the board in place via a slight pressure on the top of the USB port when the two halves are clipped together.

Feedback is always much appreciated, as it helps us to improve.

Other changes soon to be in effect include GPIO ribbon access via a side window and camera module access.

Cheers,

ModMyPi
Yeah, mine is a bit loose too. I wish I waited a lil bit longer for the updated case. But again, great case.

PaulCheffus

Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:39 pm

Pendor wrote:Got mine last week. Looks great.
modmypi wrote:It is a tolerance gap left for slight variations in PCB sizes. Some of the boards we measured varied as much as 2mm from one end to the other. We thought it better to leave a .5mm edge clearance rather than risking people's boards not fitting in.

Feedback's been really positive so far, so thanks to everyone for supporting us! I think the main criticism highlighted is excessive tolerance in the vertical direction, hence some maraca like qualities on some boards.

We've listened (as we want people to be happy with their cases), and are currently working through this with the addition of a small bump on the internal side of the USB hood. This acts to hold the board in place via a slight pressure on the top of the USB port when the two halves are clipped together.

Feedback is always much appreciated, as it helps us to improve.

Other changes soon to be in effect include GPIO ribbon access via a side window and camera module access.

Cheers,

ModMyPi
Yeah, mine is a bit loose too. I wish I waited a lil bit longer for the updated case. But again, great case.
Hi

I fixed mine with a piece of plastic in the opposite corners glued to the lid.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

jogge

Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:26 am

I'm still waiting for the updated cases.. Any idea when they will be available?
I was told mid August but that must have changed.. I really want to order one now but i also want the updated case..

mdrg

Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:46 am

Mine arrived yesterday, along with a RPi. Only 3 weeks to Brazil.
Fantastic case, quality stuff. And awesome customer service, quick and helpful.
It's late in the night, but I can't sleep until my RaspBMC is running! :D

Return to “Other projects”