jimbox51

Reading MagPi on a Kindle

Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:07 pm

I sometimes copy the MagPi PDF to my kindle (keyboard) for reading on the bus train etc. I've just put the latest issue 11 on my kindle, but many pages are just a header text/image with the rest of the page is blank. I've not had problems with previous copies of the MagPi.

Anybody got any ideas on what I can do to read the MagPi on the kindle?

cheers
Jim
p.s. The pdf file is fine, it reads ok my desktop.

DirkS

Re: Reading MagPi on a Kindle

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:27 pm

There was a problem with the first PDF that was available and the MagPi people uploaded a new one.
If the size is more than 30MB you have the faulty one (which btw displays fine on my Fire HD).

Gr.
Dirk.

semtex

Wed May 01, 2013 8:43 pm

Issue 12 is coming very soon and we will be testing the mag on various devices to ensure we dont get a repeat of the issue 11 problems.

If you are having problems with the current download of issue 11, please let us know where you downloaded and what pages are causing problems.

Thanks
Ian

Rene_is_I

Sat May 04, 2013 1:04 pm

I'm not sure as to what the guys over at MagPi use to create the mag and the eventual pdf, but is there no way
to perhaps also create an ePub version alongside the pdf?
I know that there are various ebook formats but ePub seems to be the most popular one.
This would result in smaller downloads and would be more suited to ebook readers (and some smartphones too)
that many of the mags target audience already have.

Another nice feature of the ePub format (if you don't mind bigger file sizes) is the ability to include video and audio clips.

Return to “Other projects”