I posted in another topic:
A few remarks on case design:
1. We are moving to favour screws or other positive mechanisms
rather than clips for case closure, as its likely the case will be opened and
closed by the users many times, for example to access the GPIO pins, and
plastic detents tend to snap .
2. The case may need a conductive coating to act as an RF and EMC
shield. The case plus board must conform to CE, UL, FCC, EMC and other
regulations including RoHS and WEEE directives. The outside should carry
appropriate markings indicating standards conformance, and places for a label
for serial numbers and legals
3. Optional ports (eg knock out) to access the expansion pins would
4. Ability to view the LEDs desirable
5. Ability to stack good
6. Capable of surviving in a kid's pocket, even when sat on.
7. The case must appeal to both male and female users, so not
appear too butch. It would be nice if users can customise it.
8. It should be iconic, and reflect Raspberry Pi in some way
9. Mounting, either to an industry standard such as Vesa or Din
Rail, or even just allowing the case to be screwed down would be desirable