chris48

Lilliput touch screen help needed

Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:00 am

I am a Linux newbie trying to set up a 10.1 inch Lilliput FA1011-NP/C/T touch screen monitor to use with a PyGame application running direct from the command line.

With a clean installation of Raspbian 2013-02-09 the monitor actually returns touch coordinates to my PyGame application but the axes are transposed and it only addresses the left half of the screen.

This unit is being advertised as "The perfect companion for the Raspberry Pi" but the vendor does not seem able to offer any proper support. They said that there is a specific set of drivers required - but they don't have them available. They also said that the screen works 100% with Raspbian Wheezy and referred me to this forum for information on how to install and calibrate it.

I've tried various options suggested here and on other sites, including installing the ARM driver from the eGalax site, but so far I have not got it to work.

Has anybody set up this monitor successfully and can they explain, in simple terms for a newbie, how to do it?

mattgwwalker

Re: Lilliput touch screen help needed

Thu May 09, 2013 10:57 am

Hi,

I have not purchased a touch screen, but I too was very interested in them. I emailed Lulliput's support people and they responded quickly with the following:

"The Lilliput HDMI touchscreen monitors, as far as the hardware is concerned, are fully compatible with the Raspberry Pi. The screen uses a cable with an HDMI connection at the screen end and an HDMI+USB connection the Raspberry Pi end.

The problem with compatibility comes around when it comes to the driver set. The company that make the touch screen drivers we use don't support the Raspberry Pi (although some Linux distributions are supported). The touch axes are inverted making the touchscreen unusable.

We do sell, via our sister retail website: http://www.carcomputer.co.uk/ , an SD card pre-loaded with a distribution of Debian Wheezy with custom drivers and a calibration tool. Due to the nature of the build not being an executable install, it is not a simple case of hosting the file on our website.

Here is a direct link to the item in question: http://www.carcomputer.co.uk/index.php? ... ouchscreen

This, once plugged into the Pi will allow the touchscreen to work as predicted."

eng.sergiosoares

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:05 am

Does somebody have the image with the touchscreen drivers available for download? I would like to test it.

Thanks,

Sergio Soares.

Destrin

Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi,

I'm looking into a project where I want to use one of these Lilliput touchscreens, has anyone either grabbed this preconfigured SD card or worked out the necessary fixes needed to get it working on the standard builds? It would be nice to know what effort I'm in for before I take the plunge and buy one!

jay123035

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:26 pm

i bought the SD card (payed 40 (down from 80) to ship it to the states)

first off if you boot the card with a USB device (yes even the USB for the monitor) the OS gets corrupted. (thankfully the first thing i did was make a back up of the image) also the config.txt file is stock, so the GPU ram defaults to 64mb and makes it really slow to operate)

you can plug in a USB device once it boots to the desktop (its configured to boot to desktop)

the first thing you need to do is run

Code: Select all

apt-get update
and

Code: Select all

apt-get upgrade
. once you do that you can boot the SD card with any number of USB devices connected.

then you calibrate the monitor. that goes as expected and resolves most issues. one issue that remains and is driving me up a wall is that the monitor generates multiple clicks every time you click something.

example: tap the Wifi config icon and 4 windows Wifi config windows open. i am trying to figure out a workaround for this but have not come up with one yet. (if you leave the pointer on an icon it will open it 4 times continuously, until the pi gets overloaded or you move the pointer)

the card uses the TPK USA LLC Touch Fusion 4. (driver?)

anyone know how to fix the multiple click issue?

al28

Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:59 pm

my lilliput touchscreen doesn't work, even after update, upgrade. the raspberry doesn't recognize it in usb list. I think my screen is broken, but why they do not test them before sending?

jay123035

Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:23 am

al28 wrote:my lilliput touchscreen doesn't work, even after update, upgrade. the raspberry doesn't recognize it in usb list. I think my screen is broken, but why they do not test them before sending?
had that happen a few times after installing software. just reboot a second time. and you should get proper touch functionality.

as for the SD card. I reached out to lilliput and have had a good interaction and hope that they come up with a solution soon. if they can get these drivers to work these will be good monitors for lots of raspberry pi project.

Return to “Other projects”