redpicman

Re: Is it possible to hack a EKEN M001 tablet screen to be used by the rasberry pi.

Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:09 pm

A long time ago I bought an eken m001, just to see how bad a chinese made andriod tablet could be. For anybody who is interested the answer is quite bad. However, I think the screen is good and the right size for something like the rasberry pi. Any electronics experts out there, can you tell me if it would be possible for the Rpi to use this screen. I know it would take a lot of modding, but how much? I dont care if the touch screen works or not.

RaTTuS

Re: Is it possible to hack a EKEN M001 tablet screen to be used by the rasberry pi.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:51 am

possible : yes

but without any links to exactly what it is , and someone who has taken one to pieces and tried - see also waiting for RPi's to be out in the wild - no
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

meltwater

Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:22 am

I think your best bet (to start with) will be see if you can get VNC or similar to work with it, you can still use local keyboard and mouse connected to the RPi and just use it as a screen.

Only time will tell if it'll be like typing in a tub of treacle or not though.

As for directly connection, it depends on a lot of factors, since each display has it's own specific connections and protocols it is unlikely to be a simple task.  There are lots of posts discussing this and hopefully suitable screens will be identified that are easy to interface and cheap.

My new book: goo.gl/dmVtsc

Meltwater's Pi Hardware - pihardware.com

Like the MagPi? @TheMagP1 @TheMagPiTeam

lyzby

Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:33 pm

After initially setting the r-pi up with regular keyboard and mouse and hdmi or composite screen, you could install something like openssh and then you could certainly use any android device (or netbook or pc) to ssh in and control the r-pi from the linux command line.

You may also be able to get a gui to work--I'm not sure what the pieces are for that.

Return to “Other projects”