Stalthy

Re: Another Idea

Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:41 pm

So, my "genius" mind just found out something.

How about an (almost) ultimate gaming machine? I was thinking of putting an PS1, Xbox 1, WII and RPI in there.

Now, the PS1 woulden't actually need to be inside there, because there are emulators that do the job well enough, however a problem. Is there any emulators for PS1 on ARM Linux? If not then i might have a small problem

The soulution to this problem will simply be to put the motherboard and things like that inside an case.

The Xbox, damm here i am having some serious problems, i belive that it is ruined. So if i truly want this so damm much i gotta by one (i will wait to march and see if there is a flea market containg the xbox)

The WII, now this is the most genious gaming system of all times! The only letdown is that it dosent support 1080p, but it is so old so who'd espect that ? Why the Wii is so genious? it is because it can litterlay emulate all nintendo gaming systems. I am thinking of flash it (not quite leagal, yeye, hey ho i am pirate) but the problem would be finding if i could "get" games for gamecube,n64 and things like that. I am figuring out where i could download 'em. An utterly sadness is that it have to be bought, and i dont have so much money…

The main problem would be finding a damm case that would fit, do you guys know of any? Also how could i take those maschines (including the disc ejectors) safley to the other case, as i dont have any ecsperincene in this. I would need an tutorial.

I am utterly sorry for my English, this is because i am Norwegian

I also might be able to get an mac SE/30, can i do anything fun with it?

abishur

Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:31 pm

There are actually quite a few threads discussing these various points, please make use of the search feature on the forum or the search feature on the front page (I use the front page custom google site search personally as it's extremely powerful.

Also please tone down the amount of swearing, while there is some language here and there on the forums, and you're using a relatively benign swear wood, we do try to keep things moderately reined in and ask that you try to limit it

I'm closing this thread to avoid duplication on the topic of emulation
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

abishur

Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:50 am

Edit: Unlocking thread, OP contacted me and explained his idea was not emulation but physically combining hardware in single case
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

tzj

Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:15 am

a standard PC case may work, the Xbox for the main/motherboard, the wii in one of the CD drive spaces, the pi in a floppy space, USB harddrives in the hard drive space... I assume that is what you were going for?
http://www.themagpi.com <---- Checkout the MagPi
(The MagPi - Co-Founder)

Stalthy

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:37 am

Hmm, wondering how big it can be? Since you probaly want some space for effective cooling. Cant see the size for me so im quite unsure about size, power supplies and fans.

I have gotten quite a idea for case mods, i was thinking of using customized switches, cable organizers, carrying handles. (fans i would think that 2 x 120 should be enogh, on the back i think, not quite sure about optimal design placements, might do a sketch later)

How many fans would i need? and how would the holes be drilled?(for HDMI/VGA/You name it) Since the RPI donsent have one side where all exits then it would be quite a problem, i am thinking of having the xbox furthest down, ps1 on top, wii, then rpi, since rpi would require a smaller case, i was thinking of getting an case and glue/drill it onto the top of the other case.

I am not quite sure if i want a pc case, i mean, the looks is usually not so nice, and it kinda large. Also the places for harddices use up seriousley large amounts of space. (they are spimply just taking up space)

Also i cannot edit the first post!? probaly because i have editet once...

drgeoff

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:37 am

Stalthy said:

Also i cannot edit the first post!? probaly because i have editet once...

A post cannot be edited after there has been a reply to it.  Until then, you can edit it many times.

Return to “Other projects”