omensign

Re: PSP as monitor for raspberri pi

Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:20 pm

I currently use my PSP as a replacement monitor for a laptop with a shattered monitor, it uses a program called PSPdisp which works solely with windows and plugs in through the USB port.

http://jjs.at/software/pspdisp.html

How difficult would it be to get a similar program to work with linux?

From the FAQ of the creator's website:

"Will there be a version for Mac OS X / Linux / etc.?

Not from me. The download includes the complete source code, though. So if anyone wants to port PSPdisp, just go ahead. While all functions for acquiring the display contents and the GUI are platform specific to Windows, the data transmission is done using standard socket API and libusb, so they should be fairly portable."

Asmodeus

Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Never used PSPdisp, but I used portable vnc viewer (PSP) and a vnc server (Ubuntu-PC). Connection over WLAN router works. Ad-hoc-WLAN is not possible because the PSP compresses the data flow (no documentation).

Never tried USB connection.

MorgUK

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:44 am

Interesting, anymore on this? I want an easy way to hook up a small LCD to the Pi..

lostinlouisiana

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:13 am

very interesting... I have an unused iPod Touch, I think those screens have some version of an HDMI input.  I think I see a RasPi project in my future. I'm getting more excited by the day!

JustSomeGuy

Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:30 pm

I've browsed the forums and found someone using Wine tool to use PSPDisp on Linux, but I didn't try it yet, so Idk if it works or not

Return to “Other projects”