jmr

Re: Reuse commercial items with Rasberry

Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:48 pm

Hello Everybody

I look every day forums about Rasberry and am very anxious, as everyone, to keep it, at last, my hands!
I am not at all competent in electronics, so I have a question can be trivial, or idiot.

I saw these two ads on Ebay:

1 / This one concerns a wifi usb dongle low cost, provided with drivers Linux.
http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/LA.....27c36d7ed5
So I assume that there is no problem to use it with Rasberry Pi - B!

2 / the following (same seller):
http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/IN.....2a19957b23
Maybe tthe idea is not posssible, but could someone tell me if you can more or less easily connect the Rasbberry to this player? This manner,We have a screen, a DVD player, an SD card reader for a very low cost!

Sorry for my English rather fuzzy

riggsre

Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:25 pm

Your english is much better than my... whatever that is.

I think in order for the portable DVD player to work it would need an RCA or HDMI video input port. Most have video out, but not video in.

The "B" has an ethernet port as well as 2 USB so the wireless should work with the "A" board as well.

Jim Manley
Location: SillyCon Valley, California, and Powell, Wyoming, USA, plus The Universe

Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:31 am

riggsre said:

Your english is much better than my... whatever that is.

Since he's from Belgium, that would be Flemish (similar to Dutch) and/or French, depending on where in Belgium his ancestors came from (closer to France or the Netherlands).

The best things in life aren't things ... but, a Pi comes pretty darned close! :D
"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." -- W.B. Yeats
In theory, theory & practice are the same - in practice, they aren't!!!

Return to “Other projects”