advanced

Shipping 10" LCD Capacitive touch Chalckboard

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:17 pm

In the early days of december, I saw a good display in stock which I need for my project ( blog: http://pikiosk.tumblr.com/ ) :
10" LCD LVDS bundle with capacitive touchscreen and ambient light sensor (RaspberryPi)
and I ordered it immediately from http://www.chalk-elec.com/?page_id=1280 ... d=14647624 .

I'm having trouble with the shipping and I wonder if anybody has had a similar problem/delay. I live in Italy and they ship from Malesya . The sales team told me is a problem of poste italiane and the item was shipped the 14th of December. Now all the items on the website are out of stock, and I wonder if any of you ever got to try the touch screen. In that webpage under the comments I only see questions, but I haven't found any feedbacks from actual users.

Help from the community? ;) Thanks

advanced

Re: Shipping 10" LCD Capacitive touch Chalckboard

Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:48 pm

thanks! I'm eager to get my hands on it asap ;) I believe they made an excellent work with this touchscreen

Wizard

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:35 pm

Mine arrived promptly and so did all the others I heard of.

Isn't Italy the worst (or thereabouts) country in the world when it comes to mail and "lost in transit"? ;)
By looking at eBay almost none ships to Italy due to that reason...

Ask for a tracking code.
Raspberry Pi - finally a worthy replacement for A500!!!

advanced

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:15 am

true story, i've been abroad quite a lot now so I forgot about it ...
I have the tracking number ( CP122301654MY ) which can easily be tracked on the Malaysian website : http://www.pos.com.my . But the tracking ends when the parcel exit the country... Do you know how to track it ?

chromebookbob

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:02 am

I ordered one on the ninth of december from the uk and it arrived 4 days ago, the shipping is quite slow.
Visit my website with the original instructions on it for both vanilla and Tekkit Lite Servers: www.picraftbukkit.webs.com

advanced

Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:27 pm

UPDATE: Today I received a notification from the custom office. The pack is stuck at the custom. I have to compile a module declaring the value of the items , attach the payment receipt, and send it back .
(apparently "the description of the sender is not enough or the category of products requires something special")

Does it happen anywhere else? Now I'll have to pay an extra 30% of custom fees probably, right?

cyrano

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Happens here too, but fairly random. Packets that come with the regular post service escape customs most of the time. Some courier services declare automatically with customs. Sometimes you'll get a fine for not declaring stuff.

I once had a circuit board (board only, no components) sent to me as replacement part, value 3 US$ and pennies, fined 30 € because customs saw it as an electronic device and reckoned it having more value. The next one was sent as a "free sample" and escaped customs.

ph87

Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm

Hello,

Please can you help me?
I've to made the LVDS cable for my own to make the LCD work. The problem is, that chalk-elec can't give me any support for the pin-out of the screen - it's because of something like a NDA. :cry:

So I don't know how to connect the USB for the touch on the LVDS cable. Can someone please help me and look up on which pins the USB is connected?

Thank you very much for your effort!!!

advanced

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:13 am

update : Got my item finally today after paying 37€ custom fees . Unpacking tomorrow morning. I must thank Andrew of Chalk-elec for his help and support!

gmcbay

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:30 pm

I was about to order 2 of these since they are now back in stock until I saw the $110 USD shipping charge (I'm in California, USA). Shipping totally kills the value on these things for me.

Return to “Other projects”