Uboot

Re: Xibo player (work) on raspberrypi

Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:04 am

@jhosier:
Do you have try to set "Priority" option in the schedule?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jhosier

Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:06 am

I have searched through all the options in the Xibo Management Web Interface and there does not appear to be a "Priority" option in the Schedule or any other sections either. Anyone have any other suggestions please?

Uboot

Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:17 am

Hello,

Please look this pic (Event Schedule > "Priority")

http://xibo.org.uk/manual/content/sched ... _event.png
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

adda

Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 pm

hellbender wrote:you can find it at http://rpiserver.breggen.nl

It is the work of one year ago, since I am still working on a new version of the image but am running into problems with the newer version of LibAVG and the BrowserNode plugin.

With regards,
Hellbender
First of all Thanks a lot to @Hellbender for keeping our hopes on Xibo client for RPi.

Any updates on the new version of the image?

adda

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:08 am

i dd'ed the @Hellbender's Xibo 1.4.2 ( Build date : 10-05-2013 ) image as well as @albi90's xibo-image.
but none of them are even booting with the RPi Model B Revision 2.

I dd'ed with the following command :
sudo dd if=Xibo_2013-05-10.img of=/dev/mmcblk0

sudo dd if=xibo-image.img of=/dev/mmcblk0

Does these images still work?

covi2955

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:48 pm

adda wrote:i dd'ed the @Hellbender's Xibo 1.4.2 ( Build date : 10-05-2013 ) image as well as @albi90's xibo-image.
but none of them are even booting with the RPi Model B Revision 2.

I dd'ed with the following command :
sudo dd if=Xibo_2013-05-10.img of=/dev/mmcblk0

sudo dd if=xibo-image.img of=/dev/mmcblk0

Does these images still work?
I ran into a problem, might be the same one you're having. My sd card at the time wasn't big enough but my image to card burner wasn't telling me so. So whenever I tried to boot with the card image i really only had a cut off hunk of data with no usable structure..

Question however to whoever can answer. I'm trying to build chromium right now. I've followed the build steps all the way up to "util/build-chromium.sh"
I've had no errors (that I've seen) up until now and have done it several times to make sure I've got everything installed and updated. But when I run the build-chromium.sh it throws a thousand and one "can't find file to patch" and then tells me chromium failed to build.
Anyone had this problem and/or know whats wrong and how to fix it?

Edit 1: Somehow I missed that comment in the forums. I was using Qemu while waiting for my SD cards to arrive. Qemu doesn't work with this for some reason. Even without any other errors, it will not be able to build chromium.
Last edited by covi2955 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

covi2955

Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:30 pm

bluespuke wrote:Hi again,

compiling is completed in 23+ hours. So far everything went as expected.

The make command got me the following error:

Code: Select all

[email protected] ~/raspberry/berkelium $ make
[  4%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/libberkelium.dir/src/Berkelium.o
[  9%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/libberkelium.dir/src/Context.o
[ 13%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/libberkelium.dir/src/Cursor.o
[ 18%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/libberkelium.dir/src/ContextImpl.o
[ 22%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/libberkelium.dir/src/ForkedProcessHook.o
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/src/ForkedProcessHook.cpp: In function ‘void Berkelium::forkedProcessHook(int, char**)’:
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/src/ForkedProcessHook.cpp:858:7: warning: variable ‘rv’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
[ 27%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/libberkelium.dir/src/NavigationController.o
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/src/NavigationController.cpp: In function ‘void {anonymous}::NotifyPrunedEntries(Berkelium::NavigationController*, bool, int)’:
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/src/NavigationController.cpp:86:39: warning: variable ‘details’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/src/NavigationController.cpp: In member function ‘void Berkelium::NavigationController::NotifyEntryChanged(const NavigationEntry*, int)’:
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/src/NavigationController.cpp:1108:23: warning: variable ‘det’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
[ 31%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/libberkelium.dir/src/RenderWidget.o
[ 36%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/libberkelium.dir/src/MemoryRenderViewHost.o
[ 40%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/libberkelium.dir/src/Root.o
In file included from /home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/build/chromium/src/content/browser/browser_child_process_host.h:14:0,
                 from /home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/build/chromium/src/content/browser/plugin_process_host.h:19,
                 from /home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/build/chromium/src/content/browser/plugin_service.h:24,
                 from /home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/src/Root.cpp:58:
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/build/chromium/src/content/browser/browser_message_filter.h:27:16: warning: ‘virtual bool BrowserMessageFilter::OnMessageReceived(const IPC::Message&)’ was hidden [-Woverloaded-virtual]
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/build/chromium/src/content/browser/renderer_host/resource_message_filter.h:49:16: warning:   by ‘virtual bool ResourceMessageFilter::OnMessageReceived(const IPC::Message&, bool*)’ [-Woverloaded-virtual]
[ 45%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/libberkelium.dir/src/ScriptUtilImpl.o
[ 50%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/libberkelium.dir/src/ScriptVariant.o
[ 54%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/libberkelium.dir/src/StringUtil.o
[ 59%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/libberkelium.dir/src/Window.o
[ 63%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/libberkelium.dir/src/WindowImpl.o
[ 68%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/libberkelium.dir/src/DevToolsHttpProtocolHandler.o
Linking CXX shared library liblibberkelium.so
[ 68%] Built target libberkelium
[ 72%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/berkelium.dir/subprocess.o
Linking CXX executable berkelium
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_start_output'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_read_header'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_input_complete'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_calc_output_dimensions'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_CreateDecompress'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_start_compress'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_write_scanlines'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_finish_decompress'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_save_markers'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_has_multiple_scans'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_read_scanlines'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_CreateCompress'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_std_error'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_consume_input'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_resync_to_restart'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_finish_output'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_destroy_decompress'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_destroy_compress'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_finish_compress'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_set_defaults'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_set_quality'
/home/pi/raspberry/berkelium/liblibberkelium.so: undefined reference to `chromium_jpeg_start_decompress'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [berkelium] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/berkelium.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Is this just a simple linking problem?

B
Hey Bluespuke,
I'm building from the how-to right now and ran into the same error. Did you ever find a solution?

EDIT: For those of you who may encounter this error, I simply ran a sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade, then tried it again and it worked.
Now I'm running into a problem where my berkelium-delegate build cant find berkelium/window.hpp. I've got it, but I can't figure out where its looking to find it.

hellbender

Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:30 pm

Hello All,
before the holidays I told about the problems with libAVG. All has been corrected and I am currently in the middle of modifying the browsernode plugin to work with the new multi context system of libavg 1.8. When this is done everything is ready for the new image. I hope to get it all working this weekend and thank everyone for the patience in this project.

Sorry to inform that OpenMAX support is not yet included and I will start on looking into that as soon as possible.

With regards,
Hellbender

covi2955

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:24 pm

YAY!!!
Super excited. Thanks for all you do Hellbender!

davidpiedra

Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:43 pm

Hello, thanks for all the work you've done.

I having a little problem with the image provided (Xibo_2013-05-10.img) , I flash it into a SD, start normally, configure the sit.cfg to use our Xibo server and the Xibo Client work's fine.

In the screen, we have a small video, a picture who's updating every 5 seconds and a text runing from right to left.

The problems is that when the screen have been on for about 30 minutes the raspberry pi gets frozen, I've tried 2 different SD cards and 2 different power supplies.

Do anybody have an idea why this happen?

Thanks,

David

SIcarius

Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:19 pm

First of all, I appreciate your time and work hellbender. I was wondering if there will be a new image for a newer version of xibo coming soon?

hellbender

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:24 pm

@stcarius
Coming week i am testing a version of browsernode adapted for version 1.8 of libavg. As soon as all is ok i Will release a new image.

With regards,
Hellbender

thavaz

Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:56 pm

Hi there guys,
Just a curious question. Has anyone tried to see what would happen on Pi B+ with regard to video rendering, etc.?
btw @ Hellbender, thank you so much for all your efforts and making it publicly available too. Thumbs up to that!

hellbender

Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:50 pm

Hello,
sorry to say that the raspberry pi b+ doesn't improve the video rendering speed since there is no change in de processor, just more USB and GPIO ports being available on the PCB.

Currently I ran into a rather nasty "segmentation fault" while running my new version of libavg's browsernode. Not shure what is going on, but I will be debugging it ( since there is no real IDE with debugging on the raspberry I am just commenting out my new code and trying to figure out what the hell goes wrong ).

I will keep you all informed.

Hellbender

CedZO

Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:07 am

@hellbender any further updates? :mrgreen:

hellbender

Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:30 am

Hello CedZO,
yes I have an update. I sent the problem to libAVG and after looking at it they kicked my butt telling me "YOU ARE STUPID, SOOO STUPID!!!!" :-).... Well actually Uli was kind enough to tell me I missed a statement which was needed to connect to a display. Will be at it tonight and trying to get it running this evening.

I will keep you all posted.

hellbender

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:59 am

YES Finally... I have a working version of the BrowserNode plugin. It works in combination with the new multi context framework of libAVG.

Thanks to Uli and Andreas for their help. Now I will finalise the image and I will also release a requested upgrade tar file. People who use that will only have the berkelium and libAVG upgrades but not the new version of Xibo.

I will also release a new full image this week. When it is online I will post it here. Sorry for the people who are waiting for openMAX support, it is next in line.

Regards,
Hellbender

CedZO

Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:03 pm

@hellbender

Nice to hear! What are the new adjustments/patches and or new features? And do you expect a lot of work with the OpenMax support?

Possible release date of your latest build? You can't believe how happy we are here already! Nice work, not understanding that Xibo here still sees nothing in itself and always but continues to claim that there is no support for the raspberry

guruevi

Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:40 pm

Feel free to contact me if you require bandwidth/storage space. I have a web server or two I can use.

hellbender

Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:54 pm

Hello All,
before the image is ready I have released the new library files. Keep in mind that the howto has not been updated yet as I am trying to get my version of BrowserNode into the orignal repository, but the maintainers are not responding to my emails. I will update the howto and try the libraries with the new Xibo in the days to come.

Keep in mind these are untested with anything else than the sample files from libAVG, but it all seems to work ( although the namespace in which libbrowsernode.BrowserNode resides is still a bit of a mystery ).

http://rpiserver.breggen.nl

With regards,
Hellbender

shangxi

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:48 am

Hi!
I have downloaded the image and tried to copy it on a SD card but it is not booting.
I tried a 64GB card and a 8GB card with dd on linux and win32diskimager.
Any ideas what is wrong? Maybe it must not be SDHC or SDXC?

jhosier

Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:57 am

Hi Hellbender

I have been to your site again today (http://rpiserver.breggen.nl) to see if you have put out an updated image for the Raspberry Pi but you are still using the 1.4.2 image.
Any news on when you will have a new image as we are currently using your image to run our digital signage screens in our school and would like to update to a newer version to hopefully resolve some issues that we have, like getting the screen content to update correctly, and for the clients to stay logged in all the time?

Kind Regards

Jon

hellbender

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 pm

Hello Jon,
sorry for the delay, some tests had to be done before i could be sure berkelium worked as i expected it. The image is being build as we speak. Hope to have it online this week.

With regards,
Hellbender

jhosier

Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:42 am

Hi Hellbender
Thank you for your quick reply and ongoing support with this.
Look forward to receiving it.
Kind Regards
Jon

thavaz

Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:08 pm

@ Hellbender! You are awesome mate! Thanks for the work. I look forward to testing out the new image.
I've also being playing around with the beaglebone black. Struggling to compile LibAVG for ubuntu 12.04 arm. Do you have any tips here perhaps ;)
thanks a mil once again!

Return to “Other projects”