You are using which Linux distribution? The official Raspi?
What GPS software Linux?
and the total is? too much. I'd use cheap tablet to do that.scarfy wrote:I also want to make a CarPC.... and until now i created a list for components:
- rPI Board
- 7 inches UART TFT LCD Module http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-s.....rted-.html
- 7 inch Touch Screen Panel http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-s.....2-70J.html
- 4 CH internal Audio Amplifier http://www.aliexpress.com/prod.....alers.html
- GPS Module http://www.dealextreme.com/p/g.....tops-19498
- 3G modem http://www.dealextreme.com/p/e.....-gsm-54921
- Bluetooth 3.0 USB Dongle http://www.dealextreme.com/p/u.....ngle-65631
- USB WIFI Adapter http://www.dealextreme.com/p/c.....ter-114400
- Powered USB HUB http://www.dealextreme.com/p/7.....sb-hub-678
I need some other suggestion about 7" Touchscreen, Fm Radio receiver, Power Adapter, and a Case....
I'm looking to pair this with my Raspi for my 92 Accord.I want back up cam,forward cam with recording capability,wifi,blue tooth,GPS, and FM radio.My issue is I'd like to record from my forward cam while using GPS and listening to music.I'm not sure how to program everything or what distro to use.I had consider using the ir cam add on but wonder how well would it work at night.I am new to the Raspi and have had one a few months.I've mostly been playing around with it like a home pc.
I plan on doing most of this already! As well as use some IR sensors for the front and back distancing alerts (maybe even side for parallel parking), and im going to sue the OBDII diagnostics for RPM/Gear/Speed information, and have it automatically spray nitrous at the pre-configured setup
Are you saying you need WIFI for the GPS?.. I dont think thats the case.. The GPS module doesnt connect to WIFI to get the GPS location.Helpme1986 wrote:I would love to use it as a GPS Tracker, only thing would be getting it to connect to the internet which would be fine when outside the house (WiFi) or tethering phone but a bit pointless if it gets nicked.... (unless they happen to drive by my house again..)