gintonik

Messenger for the RPI

Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:43 pm

Hello Pi-Experts,

i have a little problem:

The Employees of a Friend are working outside the Company and loading Machines for the worldwide transportation. They´re taking photos of every step, so after the day there are many pictures taken. Until today my friend get all pictures by whatsapp, because it´s more easier for the employees then writing an email.
But my Friend like to receive the pictures to his NAS and not to the cell phone!

Wich messenger is still avaible for the RPI, the only thing what is needed is, that pictures could be sending from the cell phone the the "Messenger" and the RPI can still copy the pictures to maybe the NAS.

I think whatsapp is not an option and installing telegram always runs out to some issues at the installation. Is there an other option as the both named?

Andyroo

Re: Messenger for the RPI

Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:14 pm

Why not email the pictures from the phone and then read the emails on the Pi?

The pictures can then be saved onto the NAS folder
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

gintonik

Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:29 pm

Hi,

unfortunally is not so easy send pictures by email then from a messenger. And an other advance is the compression of the pictures. And last but not least: Email is not more "State of the Art" for mobile communication...

I have to find a way whats easy to use for everybody.

gintonik

Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:31 pm

Maybe there is an option, if the mail-client on a android/ios device looks like an messanger... :shock:
Then listening for emails by pi gets the easiest job...

Return to “Other projects”