Shariq287

Capture and read mpeg video stream using shell commands

Mon May 20, 2019 12:42 pm

Hi,
Please suggest on the approach that i should take?

Can we capture and read the image/video feed that is available in some local IP or available in serial COM port using some ssh shell commands.
Using 3rd party app, the camera image is available over a LAN IP, but available only through browser or python/javascript scripts,how can we read the same image data if we run some shell command ?
My ISP does not permit port forwarding thus i am trying to send the video/image feed over port 443 to another system outside my network,as raw data/content data. The system im referring to is a web application ,that can connect to the raspberry using their supported adapter in the raspberry.The adapter can execute and get data from shell commands and upload it via port 443 to the system.I am trying to push the image/video data in the same payload, mimicking the process. The thing to note here, I am not trying to download the data/video/image first and then transmit.

Btw, if we are able to send the image data over 443 in raw or any other format then how can we later process it? Such as to display onto that interface.

topguy

Re: Capture and read mpeg video stream using shell commands

Tue May 21, 2019 2:18 pm

You need to give us some information about the camera. You can not grab some data without knowing something of the format of the data.

Many IP cameras uses the RTSP protocol (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Time ... g_Protocol) which I belive is easy to integrate in an app or webpage.

Shariq287

Re: Capture and read mpeg video stream using shell commands

Tue May 21, 2019 2:51 pm

topguy wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:18 pm
You need to give us some information about the camera. You can not grab some data without knowing something of the format of the data.
It is mpeg, could be interchanged to mjpg. It can be also in rtsp. basically it would be generated from an android app call camon live stream

Many IP cameras uses the RTSP protocol (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Time ... g_Protocol) which I belive is easy to integrate in an app or webpage.
ok, now as i had mentioned, the video feed is not supposed(intended) to be displayed over the local system browser or local machine video player, BUT it would be transported to another system(a web application) that would remotely run some shell commands and fetch the results. Thus playing the video in its server.

Return to “Other projects”