aamir24

Raspberry Pi Portable Desktop Setup - No Power Adapter

Sat May 11, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi there, this is Aamir and i created a small setup using a raspberry pi 3 B+ , a low power consumption 11.6 Inch portable monitor and with a 20,000 mAh power bank. This setup is useful for office users or for kids who wants to learn code in raspberry pi. The main advantage of this setup is , its runs more than 15 hours of regular use that's amazing right.

The whole step by step tutorial is in my video, how to setup. Watch Here: https://youtu.be/YEpSIwa0XWQ

dl324

Re: Raspberry Pi Portable Desktop Setup - No Power Adapter

Wed May 22, 2019 2:23 am

If you unplug power from the power bank while the Pi is running, does it reboot?

I wanted to use a small power bank as a UPS to be able to move a Pi around, but when I disconnect power, the Pi reboots.

Imperf3kt

Re: Raspberry Pi Portable Desktop Setup - No Power Adapter

Wed May 22, 2019 3:23 am

dl324 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:23 am
If you unplug power from the power bank while the Pi is running, does it reboot?

I wanted to use a small power bank as a UPS to be able to move a Pi around, but when I disconnect power, the Pi reboots.
That's because of the switch speed of the regulator in the 5v step up module inside the powerbank - it doesn't switch fast enough, resulting in voltage drop to the point the Pi reboots. It could also be because of the sudden high load on the regulator causing transient voltage spikes and inrush current, again, causing a reboot.

Or it could just be that your USB cable is of poor quality.
Or perhaps the powerbank isn't designed to allow simultaneous charge and discharge.
Or even a combination of these things.
Google is ubiquitous - Try it today, it's free!
https://opensource.com/life/16/10/how-ask-technical-questions

Return to “Other projects”