GreenmtMechworks

Giant Robot & Optical Package

Sat May 04, 2019 2:09 pm

I'm working on a neat project (sorry for the gifs)

Its human powered/gas powered hybrid giant robot eg a tall golf cart with puppet arms. Yeah, it can be used in giant robot fights :roll:

I'm using Raspberry Pi for the optical system so I can have a camera in the head with an internal display (and blinking lights of course!) powed by a 155watt battery pack.

MCP3008 analogue to data chip integration to read the neck rotation via a potimeter and display a little graphic on the camera overlay with the AllSeeingPi tutorials (so pilot knows how far the head has turned). Working on integrating a L9110 hbridge for supplemental motor control (neck rotations) to replace my improvised pushbutton hbridge. Maybe integrate a game controller or just cannibalize the joystick from one.

Test of the GUI n stuff is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHphPBCbBBU

First test fitting in the giant robot (without neck rotation) is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjPy-AbLfmU

With my AllSeeingPi overlays I notice the transparency isn't perfect -especially when I have multiple graphic layers. Any way around this or a better (and well-documented) alternative?
I don't live in Jersey, fighting evil from afar
But I like to drive around, in a robot bigger than my car.
You dig giant robots. I dig giant robots. Nice.

byroncar

Giant Robot Optical Package

Fri May 17, 2019 8:18 pm

Please can any one help what colour is the giant box two is it yellow, gold, yellow green, or yellow gold please help

GreenmtMechworks

Re: Giant Robot & Optical Package

Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:26 am

Not exactly Pi related (installing Kivy is a pain in the assets) but the PVC overhaul is working out as expected:|

Light, easy to maneuver and can disassemble completely flat!
I don't live in Jersey, fighting evil from afar
But I like to drive around, in a robot bigger than my car.
You dig giant robots. I dig giant robots. Nice.

Return to “Other projects”