ktbsupremo

Cheap touchscreen for the Pi

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Im new to this so don't really want to be tinkering with the hardware/software. I would like to have a cheap touchscreen, not too fussed on size. Any surgestions to any place to get a touchscreen compatible with the pi will be most apreciated :D

bushrat

Re: Cheap touchscreen for the Pi

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:41 am

I don't have an exact link but I'd recommend adafruit (google it). Last time I was there they had screens from 1.5 inches all they way to 10. And I think they do touch as well. :?:

ghans

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:37 pm

Double-check it's a HDMI one or you're in for endless hours of hacking...

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

ktbsupremo

Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:27 pm

I'v had to compromise and got a 4.3" screen and keyboard and mouse.
But now i'm stressing out with the power side, my screen need 12v and i'm not sure how to power it, will i need another plug or can i merge it all together into one wall plug? :ugeek:

ghans

Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:46 am

You will have to do some amount of cabling.
You could use the innards of a 5V cigarette adaptor plug.
Otherwise there are combined 12V/5V supplies , but they
seemed very overpowered the last time i looked at them.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

psergiu

Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:15 pm

That 4.3" composite screen uses 5V internally - you can open-it, bypass it's regulator and power-it from the save 5V source as the RPi.

Return to “Other projects”