Jim JKla

Re: The projects list. Look here for some ideas.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:36 pm

Not yet. ;)
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick

watkinsj73

Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:03 am

I would like to help build the blood glucose up loader. I have three Abbott Xceed meters and would love to get them loading data straight into a mysql (or similar) database so it is trivial for me to see patterns.

Most of the up load programmes focus on "modal days" but as an adult that just isn't useful. I want to be able to see what's happening over a month or a season and spot the differences occurring during those times. I think being able to view the data in the way that's most suitable for you would be important to many people.

At a push, it would be good to get the pump readings too: but happy to focus on the meter first.

I have downloaded git clone git://itanic.dy.fi/glucose as a starting point though I am having some issues getting it to build...

Bigun

Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:17 pm

Offsite backup, with use of the LCD shield for confirmation of backup.

Currently backing up a 3 TB array to a single drive at an offsite location via SSH rsync.

The shield buttons are programmed to scroll through the LCD colors, memory use, cpu stats, and browse free space on the external drive. The fifth button does a manual reset, and if held down will shutdown the Pi.

txt3rob

Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:56 pm

I have a project which is for sending SMS for free via my raspberry pi and is ideal if you need notifications.

http://www.smspi.co.uk - totally free and can do incoming SMS so you can send commands to your PI.

http://www.github.com/txt3rob/ for my projects that involve the raspberry pi.

I have a train timer and a SMS train times script and sms competition script and PIR SMS notifications etc.
The Raspberry Pi Hell Guy - Random Ramblings to assist me and others.
http://raspberrypihell.blogspot.com
My Github - http:/www.github.com/random-robbie/
http://www.smspi.co.uk - send free uk sms via your raspberry pi from here

Sanistapp

Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:57 pm

Here you can find lots of projects:

http://www.pihunt.co

It is like a database for Raspberry Pi Project Ideas.

creator2767

Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:58 am

i found lots of ideas here at this website http://raspberrypiestuff.blogspot.com/

Giandroid

Word Processor/Computer- "The Ambition Box"

Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:04 am

I accidentally posted a new thread about this earlier but I meant to post it here in this thread. Sorry about that!

Hello, I thought I'd share my word processor, "The Ambition Box," which is a limited computer that has no internet and only one program- Libre Office Writer. It can save to a USB flash drive or SD card.

Here's a video of it in action!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bwOnDp5z1Q

sim667

Wed May 20, 2015 11:23 am

Ive just borrowed one of my dad, and am terrified when I give it back, I'm going to have to spend ages setting up a new one for what I've got this one doing.

But project wise, I go to a huge amount of festivals, and organise music events etc, and want to put new twists on stuff, so I'm really interested in how I could incorporate them into costumes (for example have one battery powered, with a camera, running a screen on a chest plate, that's outputting the camera feed etc).

Im also interested in how I could use them to make our event lighting more interactive, i.e. using them to convert motion detection through cameras and convert that into a midi output I could run into resolume visualisation software..... or put together a touchscreen interface I could build into a wall or something, so that the crowd can move our lasers about etc....

Im also considering how I could use one in a really high end portable boom box (I've made a few iPod boomboxes).

Bahar

Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:58 am

Hi Jessie,
I suggest you to look at Pi Hunt. Pi Hunt is Product Hunt for Raspberry Pi, Arduino and other hackable devices. We share new, exciting, interesting projects with Raspberry Pi on a daily basis. I hope you like it. We are waiting your suggestions and happy to see your projects! http://www.pihunt.co/

jack.chaney

Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:56 pm

I picked up the new Raspberry Pi 2 and am very impressed with the upgrade to usability and speed. I hope this is the right forum to be asking this question, and I tried to do a search and haven't found anything about it. Is there a project underway to use the core section of the Pi B 2 and port it over to the A+, as was done moving from B+ to 2? I have a number of projects that I would like to undertake, and liked the ability of taking the SD card out of my B+ and just loading into an A+. This way I use the B+ (with the network line, and added USB) for development and debugging, and then run the application on an A+ for long term use.

Thank you for your consideration,
Jack

rpdom

Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:19 pm

jack.chaney wrote:Is there a project underway to use the core section of the Pi B 2 and port it over to the A+, as was done moving from B+ to 2?
It has been considered, but at the last report it was not considered worthwhile. To effectively make use of the four cores of the new CPU would require a memory upgrade to at least 512MB, and at the moment it is not possible to do that and meet the targeted price point.

If the price of memory drops, then it is possible there could be a Pi 2A for $20 (or maybe $25).

sommersoft

Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:06 am

Finally made the jump over to RPi, after an accidental shorting of my Parallax Propeller. Figured I'd just bring my plans along with me.

1. Auto sensor display (I know, 'ol tired project). Pure analog sensor driven to allow aftermarket sensors, but now with RPi I might make it modular to be able to use BT CAN module. Video output is going to be so much easier, and better looking now! Probably will stay away from including media controls; Kodi/OSMC already provide that.

2. Semi-portable NFC controller. "Welcome home Mr. McFly." This is pretty back-burner...

Apologies for any repeats. I know there are several in-car projects in work. Haven't searched for NFC work yet.
"We mock what we don't understand." - Dr. Trowbridge

sshlyk

Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:27 pm

Switch: http://www.instructables.com/id/Raspber ... utomation/

Generic service that allows you to easily configure and control GPIOs remotely using Android app. You can have multiple devices connected to your home network.

durham937

Surveillance Project; All input and direction requested!!!!

Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:15 pm

Good day All,

I have an issue with some derelict, scum humans in the neighborhood. At least I think they are from my neighborhood. Anyways, i had some initial thoughts about the use of these so called "outside IP cameras". They seem rather expensive for what they are. I will probably go with IP or network camera for this project. I could use everyone's Thoughts, Advice, Input, EtC.

Here's the skinny:

I want to run at least 4, but up to 8 (option for more), wireless surveillance cameras on the property.
-Facial recognition a plus
-motion detection
I want this controlled by an Rpi.
-Access pi from web(android phone-tablet/linux laptop)
-dev Roku app? for TV viewing or HDMI from pi?
-SSD on pi for more storage of incriminating video
Some of the cameras will be at the back lot of the property.
-connect backlot cameras over wifi bridge?
-Bridge wireless routers using OSS to replace firmware on backlot router?

Alright. That's where I am at. I am sure I am missing something in there, but that's the skinny on it.
Any idea's, Links, or the whatnot would be great.

JD

blaablaaguy

Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:57 pm

Im gonna make a portable Pi Netbook! Yeah!
This signature intentionally left blank.

oktoshi

Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:47 pm

ROKOS v4 Distro; with native Qt 5.3.2 / Qt 5.5.1 ready for Cross compile, Bitcoin and OKCash Clients, nodes and much more.

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=112913

seecd5

Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:47 am

Can anyone make raspberry pi stick version. kinda works with these capabilities
or is there one already?

1. it uses Windows, mac, chrome book, android pads or what ever. long shot. This should be different versions.

2 Acts like live USB stick but more like a raspberry pi where all updates and program install stay on reboot.

Live cds or usb with multi boot cannot remember your updates or even take other programs available in Debian.

This would be great for more learning of linux and it use.

just thought i'd ask

thomas93

Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:15 pm

Hey Jessie,
I just discovered a site which sums up some of the best raspberry pi projects and I think you should take a look.
It helped me to get an overview of many projects. And I hope it'll help you and others too!
You can find it here: https://howtotec.net/raspberrypi/raspbe ... rry-pi-b-2
Keep up the great work!

Andy41

Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:51 am

Hello,
I am not an experienced computer and/or electronics wizard but am interested in learning new tricks.
For some time now I am looking for a solution for a camera shutter tester (mainly mechanical shutters) involving a PI 2.
Essentially this would be a light sensor with a fast reaction time in the milliseconds range. The result should appear in numbers on an LCD panel.
I didn't find anything browsing the archives. Could this be an idea for a new project?
Thanks!

UnclePi

Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:23 am

halberti wrote:so, how about some home safety! I"m thinking about integrating an simple usb webcam, software motion control and perhaps the ability to communicate through IM when motioncontrol is triggered?
Next step is to arm/disarm through IM and get the pictures/recorded video to your smartphone?
(Pardon my english, i"m dutch)
Hi,
I'm a newbie to the Pi, with a similar project in mind (Door control, camera, intercom etc.) . How did you get on, do you have any tips?

PaulofOZ

Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:42 am

AIRCRAFT BLACK BOX

If an accelerometer magnetomer and GPS were attached to the PI with data logging capabilities you could have a cheap black box for aviation. It could be powered by the cable that powers the tail light. It would be located in the tail area because it usually doesn't burn or back into hills.

aarondc

Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:42 am

Sanistapp wrote:Here you can find lots of projects:

http://www.pihunt.co

It is like a database for Raspberry Pi Project Ideas.
This website has a cert problem and a database problem.

edroberts1943

Stationary Bike Exercise Meter

Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:05 am

I have a very old but good Schwyn Air Dyne bike with a busted speedometer. Parts are not available.

I used a mercury switch to Interrupt the Pi once per pedal revolution. Java code calculates the speed, distance traveled, calories burned, and recognizes the start and end of exercise sessions. A log of exercise sessions is maintained. Mercury switches are very noisy so some serious debouncing logic was necessary. This was not a huge project, but it was fun to implement.

Ed Roberts

edroberts1943

Stationary Bike Exercise Meter

Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:40 pm

I have a very old but good Schwyn Air Dyne bike with a busted speedometer. Parts are not available.

I used a mercury switch to Interrupt the Pi once per pedal revolution. Java code calculates the speed, distance traveled, calories burned, and recognizes the start and end of exercise sessions. A log of exercise sessions is maintained. Mercury switches are very noisy so some serious debouncing logic was necessary. This was not a huge project, but it was fun to implement.

Ed Roberts

dombold

Fri May 12, 2017 5:25 am

Hi all

Just thought that I would share a swimming pool monitor project that I have been working on

here's is what I set out to achieve:

Provide monitoring of 5 sensors
- pH
- ORP (Oxidation/Reduction Potential) – This can be used to measure chlorine levels
- Salinity (Electrical Conductivity)
- 2 x Temperature

Record current sensor values and also graph long term readings.

Send an email when the pool chemistry is incorrect and suggest corrective action to restore the balance.

Control 4 x AC GPO’s that can be used for Pumps, Lights, Waterfalls etc. with multiple different timer settings.

Create a Webpage and Phone App to access readings, settings, graphs and control the timers.

I've documented how I built it and all the code on my blog https://myhydropi.com/overview

Return to “Other projects”