zerodead

Re: STICKY: The projects list. Look here for some ideas.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:27 pm

hdmi -> h.264 -> wifi

Hello everyone,
I'd like to use Raspberry to get the video from an HDMI input (I know it hasn't got an HDMI in, but I've seen some modules somewhere...), encode it (hardware?) to h.264 and transfer it over wifi via http.

Is anything like this doable with RPI?

morticiaskeeper

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:31 pm

My latest project is a WiFi probe request logger called Sentinel.

A ZeroW with an extra wifi dongle set to monitor mode. When a wifi probe request is recieved, it is filtered by its signal strength, then checked against an exclude list of known devices. If it gets through these filters, it is a potential suspect should a crime be committed. The MAC address is cross referenced to get the vendor I'd.

A MySQL database rcords timestamp, MAC address, Vendor, Signal strength and SSID. This data can be managed via a web interface using HTML and PHP.

If a crime is committed ( it has been designed for an environment where burglary is a problem), the database will list the MAC address of any devices in the area at the time, along with an SSID that the device has connected to. This information will be handed over to the police.

bhl88

Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:24 am

Before I work on the project. I want to know if there's a networking project that exists here.

Thinking of making a basic SDN by connecting a basic router and switch, with the Raspberry Pi (RHEL / Centos) having a OpenDaylight / OpenStack integration.

Do I need just the switch (and the laptop [Putty] connected) or I need the complete set?

cronebeast

Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:10 pm

I'm working on using the Pi and it's camera to test telescope mirrors - the Foucault knife-edge test.

Instead of using a mask over the mirror to test 3 to 5 "zones", I should be able to take pictures
at many distances from the mirror (every 5/1000 of an inch, maybe?) and analyze the images
to see what parts of the mirror's surface is focused there.

This could be similar to using 10 to 20 "zones" with a mask.

Anyone interested in talking about it, or working on it?

Tom, or cronebeast

Return to “Other projects”