DeLoMan

Connecting to a WiFi Backup/Reverse Camera

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:18 am

I am new to Pi, but I am creating a carputer to replace my in-dash iPad. I currently have a WiFi reverse camera installed that I can access on my iPad via the “RFK WiFi” app from the App Store. Basically there is a module installed with the camera that creates a fake WiFi network that the iPad is connected to, and the app displays the video though it.

My question—how can I access this WiFi video feed on the Pi? Obviously I would need to have the Pi connected to the fake WiFi network that the module generates. Is there a specific app anyone recommends to view the video? That’s where I’m lost currently.

pcmanbob

Re: Connecting to a WiFi Backup/Reverse Camera

Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:18 pm

If your backup camera works along the same principles as an IP security camera you might be able to use motioneye software to view the output from the camera, but its a big may be as we have no idea what your reversing camera is outputting or any information on the Wi-Fi setup its using.
Remember we want information.......................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading is not supported

DeLoMan

Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it out! The camera I am using in my DeLorean is this one, connected to an in-dash iPad:

http://4ucam.com/iphone-android-ipad-WI ... amera.html

pcmanbob

Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:15 pm

DeLoMan wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it out! The camera I am using in my DeLorean is this one, connected to an in-dash iPad:

Well it tells us it a standard Wi-Fi network set up but absolutely no info on connecting to camera signal or anything about its output, so its still a big may be...... unless the app has more connection details in it.
Remember we want information.......................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading is not supported

DeLoMan

Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:45 pm

pcmanbob wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:15 pm
DeLoMan wrote:

Well it tells us it a standard Wi-Fi network set up but absolutely no info on connecting to camera signal or anything about its output, so its still a big may be...... unless the app has more connection details in it.
The app itself is pretty bare bones and all documentation is in German. So that isn’t much help to us. I will give the app you suggested a try, and if it doesn’t work, I will explore other reverse/backup camera options for the Pi.

Return to “Other projects”