Sligochap

Call queue system

Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:03 pm

Hi all!

Looking to see if what I’m thinking is possible... I want to design a system similar to that in a bank with visual and audio prompts to the next available cashier. It would be a single queue, with multiple serving positions, so each operator would have their own button, which would simply call the person to that operators position... perhaps with a visual number display on that position, and an audio message at the queue head indicating which position to go to.

In simple terms, I’m thinking of a main monitor/tv screen at the queue head, which could possibly have advertising, and would indicate a free position number, and each teller would have a button and a position number indicator... the application might have between 2 and 15 positions.

Is this possible with a raspberry pi, and if so, would it be difficult?

Thanks all! 🙂

Sligochap

Re: Call queue system

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:21 am

Anybody? 🙂

knute

Re: Call queue system

Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:31 pm

Sure and no it wouldn't be too difficult. You could wire up each teller position with a switch, one position is available and the other is busy. Connect the switch to a Pi I/O and display that teller number along with all the other numbers that are free and remove it when not. When a number is added you could play a sound or flash a light or something. The hardest part is going to be stringing the wire around.

Return to “Other projects”